Sign in to follow this  
Newtonian

one more gun

You guys have been helpful in the past with this question. Here it is again.

I'm currently in .22lr, 9x18 Makarov, .357 mag, and 9mm. I have the first three covered to my satisfaction in terms of quantity and versatility. I'd like to get a second 9mm but on these terms:

* all steel, alloy, or alloy slide/polymer are preferred in that order

* weight 20 oz or more. Heavy is ok. I do not want a light gun.

* small enough for concealment -- signficantly smaller, preferably, than my CZ-75. I really like the size of my E. German Makarov. 

I would not rule out a revolver btw, provided it meets the applicable criteria outlined above, but I'm not crazy about snubbies. 

Sig p229 SAS, M11-A1, P224, or P938 (weight would be over 20oz with a mag) would be my votes... yes I caught the Sig bug...

I'm looking for the same criteria for my next 9mm and am interested in the CZ75 Rami as well.

Get a Armscor/RIA double stack .22 TCM 1911 that comes with both 9mm and .22 TCM barrels.

.22 TCM blows 5.7 out of the water in every single variety, and keep in mind that 5.7 velocity specs are from the P90 (rilfe) while .22 TCM are from 5" barrel. Popularity is going up and I think it will stick. If so, ammo price will come down.

Plus, you have your next 9mm that meets all your specs :) Two guns in one.

You guys have been helpful in the past with this question. Here it is again.

I'm currently in .22lr, 9x18 Makarov, .357 mag, and 9mm. I have the first three covered to my satisfaction in terms of quantity and versatility. I'd like to get a second 9mm but on these terms:

* all steel, alloy, or alloy slide/polymer are preferred in that order

* weight 20 oz or more. Heavy is ok. I do not want a light gun.

* small enough for concealment -- signficantly smaller, preferably, than my CZ-75. I really like the size of my E. German Makarov. 

I would not rule out a revolver btw, provided it meets the applicable criteria outlined above, but I'm not crazy about snubbies. 

You already have the only gun you'll ever need: the CZ-75 :)

You already have the only gun you'll ever need: the CZ-75 :)

It came in second in my vote for an "only" gun in a different thread. I have many many times the # of rounds through my .357s. 

I would buy the 75 a little brother if they made one that fit all my criteria. Would have to be at least 1.5" shorter. Wait a minute...

Buy this! I'm picking mine up as soon as my permit comes in. 2c3217dca350130a319e9f559287270f.jpg

You want 9mm, small for concealed cary, and quality this is it. Boberg XR9-S , they also have the XR9-L it's a little longer. the XR9-S weighs 17.4oz with a loaded mag.

The XR9-L weighs about 19oz loaded.

It's also available in .45acp

0caccc68b9eb310ea8bc2e4f8f01c588.jpg

http://www.bobergarms.com/#!products/c6ae

Beretta px4 Storm Compact 9mm. 15 round mags, SA/DA, Rotating barrel for reduced recoil. 3 different grips for perfect fit.

beretta-px4-compact-9mm.jpg

Who says I never listen to you guys?? After careful consideration this is the gun I got, more or less. I don't think mine has the laser. 

Thanks for your input. All good suggestions.