DeerSlayer

Hunter Education test dates 2015 are posted!

Here's the link to the 2015 dates, times, and locations. I remember a few guys asking what the schedule was in January. Sign up online to guarantee a spot, or show up as a walk in on the day of, they don't turn away walk in's.

http://njfishandwildlife.com/hunted.htm

I was just looking into the Hunter Education requirements here in my new home state of Texas and was pleasantly surprised to find that, since I was born prior to Sept 2, 1971, I'm not required to take any course to get my license.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

anybody know where the get the dvd/paperwork in Burlington county area? I asked at dicks sporting goods and he said they don't carry them anymore. should I just do the online route (pay). its for my wife and 10 year old son.  Thanx. Signed them up for the 4/11 class at Telco. Neither may end up actually hunting but both enjoy shooting and I look at this as training and any training is good training. Nick

Wife and son passed the course yesterday at Telco.  Started@ 830 I think we were walking out by 1145. Didn't do the archery just the firearm. I may be screwed...my wife and son used a 410 single shot that I brought. my son is a small 10 year old. anyways....the instructor let my wife shoot a semi auto 20gauge. she loved it. lol  rutrow. who has a 20ga semi auto for cheap? lol   

Telco was a nice range ( I may join as its 20 minutes from my house) and the instructors were very nice and helpful.

Nick  

My father and I just took the rifle/musket class yesterday at Appalachian Bowmen Barn. We are both old hats at outdoors and marksmanship, but basically novice to hunting. The course was Great and the guys running it from NJF&W were simply top notch.

Absolutely, I have been shooting every day, I swear it is addicting!

It's always good to get the muscle memory. A few arrows every day, don't shoot to fatigue. I usually start the first week of August getting ready for September early bow season. 4-5 arrows after work keeps me sane, it's my half hour quiet time when I get home.

It's always good to get the muscle memory. A few arrows every day, don't shoot to fatigue. I usually start the first week of August getting ready for September early bow season. 4-5 arrows after work keeps me sane, it's my half hour quiet time when I get home.

I better back off then, I am doing 40-50 arrows a night, taking my time but still shooting for well over an hour.  My bow is only 60# so I am not really fatigued.

I better back off then, I am doing 40-50 arrows a night, taking my time but still shooting for well over an hour. My bow is only 60# so I am not really fatigued.

Shoot to where you feel comfortable. It is nice shooting a bow, you only have to buy ammo once as long as you hit your target lol. But If I shot my bow 50 times in one session my shoulder would fall off.:)