Krdshrk

ATF Classifies SS109 and M855 as Armor Piercing

FYI if you're near Union County and are looking for some M855, I just bought another 300 rds of American Eagle M855 (The 150 round green cardboard boxes) from Dicks in Union on Rt 22 about 10 minutes ago.  I happened to be in looking for something else and saw it.  The guy told me that they weren't supposed to get any more in but that when they unloaded the truck this morning they found that they had a few cases.  At $80 per box (That's their normal price, $75 plus $5 tax) its almost $0.54 per round but who knows what's going to happen with it.  Good luck.

It is feared that the American Citizen will just capitulate and try to comply to this draconian harassment and continue losing personal freedoms and property rights.  The American people will get bogged down in the specifics in a reasonable attempt to placate the unplacatable radicals instead of standing together against these continuous, unconstitutional, and unjust assaults.   This encroachment of personal liberty by an unelected branch of government, it will demoralize those that support the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and keep them busy while the Czar-in-Chief, his fiat henchmen, and the handlers, those corporatist and alien masters of the two wings of the statist Demopublican party that put them into power, as all of these radicals continue their machination in the direction of the American citizen.

The peaceful and just American people need to oppose this unconstitutional power grab on private property and assault on the Bill of Rights on a grand scale.  They also need to go on the offensive and get to the bottom of Fast and Furious and a host of other scandals brought forth by Washington insiders as the tentacles put forth by this bill are exposed and dealt with.  The ATF should not have ANY powers until that scandal is finally addressed.  And keep in mind, that by closing down the lead production in this nation and by putting forth this law in stopping the importation of ammunition, there will be a vast shortage, impending ban, incredible costs associated, and increasing tyranny directed at, yep, not ISIS, but the American People. 

It's great for the NRA and the lawmakers to be addressing this, but the American People at large, they need to be engaged.  If We the People let this stand we deserve to walk away with our tails between our legs.  Lets tell Obama where to shove his pen and his phone. Calls should be flooding the offices of Congress until they do something on our behalf for a change.  We still have some semblance of a Democratic Republic.

So the idiots in DC hatch an end around scheme to ban one segment of the 5.56 market knowing full well the panic buying dummies would go out in full freak-out mode and buy out EVERY type of 5.56 ammo..causing the emptying of wallets nationwide....HOOK..LINE..AND SINKER..great job panic buyers...I have a bridge for sale if youre interested..

I think I paid about $0.34 per round last time I bought 1,000 m855 green tips. Probably have 10 case's in stock. So 10,000 rounds I'll probably never use it. it's a shity target round, most ranges don't allow anyway. But I guess I have plenty if I ever need it. I would never pay $450 a case for it, that's highway robbery. It's maybe worth $0.20 per round in actuality. And that's what I paid for most of what I have now. I still think the classification of it being an armor piercing round is rediculious.

I think I paid about $0.34 per round last time I bought 1,000 m855 green tips. Probably have 10 case's in stock. So 10,000 rounds I'll probably never use it. it's a shity target round, most ranges don't allow anyway. But I guess I have plenty if I ever need it. I would never pay $450 a case for it, that's highway robbery. It's maybe worth $0.20 per round in actuality. And that's what I paid for most of what I have now. I still think the classification of it being an armor piercing round is rediculious.

Time to make some bank from your stock :)

Wow. You're sitting on $8K and have no intent to use it. :roulette:

So the idiots in DC hatch an end around scheme to ban one segment of the 5.56 market knowing full well the panic buying dummies would go out in full freak-out mode and buy out EVERY type of 5.56 ammo..causing the emptying of wallets nationwide....HOOK..LINE..AND SINKER..great job panic buyers...I have a bridge for sale if youre interested..

you forgot to mention that they're considering banning bridges. :D

Here is what you have to consider. Would you sell your stock of green tips if you didn't know more was coming? Im not. But everything is for sale at the right price. Now comes the inflation. I'm just tell people no rather then gouging. But if someone offered me $1000 for a case it's theirs.

I still don't get the people that want whatever MIGHT be banned no matter the price even though they don't really need it. Am I missing something? Is there any reason other than it MIGHT be banned and we'll never see it again that this ammo is superior to any other if you are just shooting paper, plinking steel or taking training classes?

It's quite obvious why people want it. They are right wing militia nuts plotting to overthrow the obama regime and stop agenda 21 dead in its tracks. This is the only ammunition deadly enough to shoot through tanks, down drones and destroy skynet.

so let me ask this, since there's a couple ffl's here.

they're trying to ban the xm855. i've not seen or heard anything of them trying to ban ammo such as pmc xtac, which is also labeled as light armor piercing. judging by the pricing i see on that stuff in cheaper than dirts catalog that just came in the mail.....there's apparently not a run on it either.

so if they're banning only the green tips, and not other ap, then what gives? it almost seems like they've stirred up this crap to keep our eyes/attention off of something else.