siderman

NRA video-72yr old NJ man+flintlock=FELON!

I watched his and Nappen's video on the NRA site.

My blood pressure spiked.

Another case of the bastahds in Trenton run amok.

It's waaaaaay past time for 2C:39 and 2C:58 (along with the Administrative Code) to be brought into line with a post-Heller and post-McDonald 2A.

Either they haven't learned their lesson from the Allen Case, or they are pissed their p-p's were smacked and now trying to get even. They'll never learn. What is sad is what they are willing to do in the name of bs justice and how willing they are ready to ruin a life over petty bs, yet the revolving doors keep moving for worse felons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WTF. A flintlock? This is sad. I had Mr. Van Guilder as a teacher in school. This guy has always been a history buff as long as I remember. Not sure why he consented to a search but that point is mute now. Is there any kind of " go fund me " page setup for his defense ? I'd be more then willing to donate.

WTF. A flintlock? This is sad. I had Mr. Van Guilder as a teacher in school. This guy has always been a history buff as long as I remember. Not sure why he consented to a search but that point is mute now. Is there any kind of " go fund me " page setup for his defense ? I'd be more then willing to donate.

http://gogetfunding.com/project/van-gilder-legal-defense-fund

I wonder what the reason for the search was in the first place? It's not normal for a cop to make a routine stop and demand to search a vehicle. Something here isn't adding up to me. I have a feeling there's more to this story we haven't heard. Just my hunch though. And we all know I hate our gun laws here, as much as anyone else that's not a criminal. I would really like to read the discovery myself before I donate anything.

I wonder what the reason for the search was in the first place? It's not normal for a cop to make a routine stop and demand to search a vehicle. Something here isn't adding up to me. I have a feeling there's more to this story we haven't heard. Just my hunch though. And we all know I hate our gun laws here, as much as anyone else that's not a criminal. I would really like to read the discovery myself before I donate anything.

Just wondering why it was wrapped in a cloth in his glove compartment when he went out to eat?  I would think he would have left it at home after purchase.

I doubt he was keeping it in his car as a deterrent against attack. Even though it probably would have worked as the attackers would have have been rolling around

on the ground in fits of laughter as he drove away.

Never consent to search.  Never volunteer information.  Never give up your 4th amendment rights.  Never pass your CCW card (as a PA resident) with your DL unless you are in a state that requires it.   Never listen to "experts" that tell you otherwise.  There is a special place in hell reserved for people who advise others to give up their 4th amendment rights.

I was just talking to a buddy of mine who is a Leo in camden county. Apparently they had a old white crack head smash his car up in his town. The guy had an old flint lock under his seat. The dope dealers pay him in rock to drive them around. So I guess you never know

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was just talking to a buddy of mine who is a Leo in camden county. Apparently they had a old white crack head smash his car up in his town. The guy had an old flint lock under his seat. The dope dealers pay him in rock to drive them around. So I guess you never know Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

does the guy in the video appear to be a crackhead?

could be.. why do you say that?

Because I agree here.....   What the heck prompted a vehicle search, IF it was a normal traffic stop?

What I'm saying is you never know.

The cops may have asked if there are any weapons in the car and the guy said yes. To me this is another situation where discretion should have been used. Tell pops to put it in his trunk and send em on his way. No reason to ruin his life of it

Also what does a crackhead look like? Sometimes they look like normal people. They aren't always the stereotypical Tyrone biggums. The way heroin ripped through my home town I'm no longer surprised.

I was just talking to a buddy of mine who is a Leo in camden county. Apparently they had a old white crack head smash his car up in his town. The guy had an old flint lock under his seat. The dope dealers pay him in rock to drive them around. So I guess you never know Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Don't think Nappen would put his name out there for a crackhead. I believe Mr. Van gilder had a legitimate story for Nappen to pickup his case.

Don't think Nappen would put his name out there for a crackhead. I believe Mr. Van gilder had a legitimate story for Nappen to pickup his case.

Nappen picks and chooses his cases. I do believe this guy is fine. But what I'm saying is you can't judge a book by its cover. Just because a guy is old doesn't mean he's innocent. But from what I see here it was cops being jerk offs.