Sign in to follow this  
Norseman

Swivel Attachment

Who can recommend a good swivel attachment for my AR?

I'm a little bit of a newb to the AR platform. Just got my first one last month. I bought the BOGO Blue Gear sling and now I'm looking into how to mount it. A couple of guys on here helped me figure out the female mount to get to go on my Diamond Handguards but I'm not sure #1 what is a good US manufacture to buy from? I don't want to buy cheap Chinese crap. Not Troy - I won't patronize them. So I'm looking at Magpul. I'm also looking at Uncle Mike's and UTG I see on Amazon. But they get a couple bad reviews and appears they are Made in China. Are there any other brands out there that you would recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you say "female" mount, are you looking for a quick detach (QD)? 

If so, this guy is made in the USA.  And it has a flush push-button to help prevent accidental release if you bump something:  http://www.amazon.com/Midwest-Industries-Detach-Swivel-Button/dp/B005NBYZB6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1424286002&sr=8-2&keywords=sling+swivel+magpul

Yeah that looks like what I want! So here are some pics of the hardware already on my rifle. I saw a video on YouTube of a cool swivel attachment that goes from 2 point to single point. Any idea what I would get to have that setup?

In the last 2 pics you'll see the Diamond head QD mount screwed in. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Damn!  That's a lot of sling attachments! :)   You can take the ones on the front sight block off if you are going to use the QD one on your rail.  You are better off not using an FSB/barrel mounted sling attachment anyway.  If you sling up tight w. a hot barrel, you can actually bend the barrel ever so slightly impacting your Point of Aim. 

I don't have any advice on single point slings.  I tried on once and it kept banging into my wedding tackle as I walked/jogged. 

You should probably move this (or have a moderator) move it to the Optics and Accessories category.   You'll get more answers there. 

ETA:  I just noticed your rail is NOT free-floated.  So the farther back you move your sling attachment, the less pressure on the end of the barrel.  With a free-floated rail, all the pressure is off the barrel end.  You can yank your sling or put downward pressure on your bipod and not worry about changing POA.  If the gun is just for fun/plinking, you don't really need to worry about those points.

Lol yeah I was looking at taking that one lefty attachment off the front sight - and I didn't even know the info you just gave me - but just for aesthetics ...thanks!

You should see the video I watched. I'll try and find it and post it in here. The guy showed how when he's clearing houses he could quickly go to single point so he could better squeeze through tight spaces, etc. Now keep in mind this gun will most likely (God willing) never see any action other than the range. I'm just a regular guy - never served, not LE or anything. But I figure I'm most likely never going to get enough "tactical training" or real world experience to really develop my own preferred way of carrying it so I might as well have it be a versatile as possible JUST IN CASE.

Anyone know if there's an attachment like this MS4 except it has the older "claw" style attachment instead of the swivel?

I want to have the old style on the back end of my sling, but the swivel on the front and be able to go from 2-point to 1-point.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Do I need a special attachment to put the sling on the butt attachment?

Only if you want the ability to have a quick detachment from the rifle with your Vickers sling. You can use something like the Magpul Paraclip or a HK hook with a 1.25 width. Most of the HK hook attachments are 1" in width.

Regards,

TokenEntry

I'd like to have the Paraclip at the back and the swivel on the front and have the ability to unplug it from the adapter on the handguard and insert it into an MS4 single point D-ring connector.