DirtyDigz

Aimsurplus NATO SS109/M855 1K rds ~$423.00 shipped

Carl Gustaf NATO SS109/M855 5.56X45/.223 62grn 1,000rd Can, stripper clips

Recent Production Surplus Swedish Carl Gustaf NATO SS109/M855 5.56X45 (.223) Ammunition. Features a 62grn Steel Core Full Bi-metal Jacketed Bullet, Brass Case and Non-Corrosive Berdan Primer. Packaged 10rds on a Charger Sealed in a Plastic Pack, 1,000rds in a Resealable M2A1 .50cal Can. Includes M16/AR15 and HK G36 Magazine Loaders as Pictured.

$399.50 + ~$24 shipping (your shipping may vary):

http://aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=A556CG

A556CGXZ.jpg

Wow, I made the post as fast as I could after I got my order in.  I noticed that the AIM web server was starting to get slow...

Just got an email from Midway USA, they're selling the same stuff but for $100 more ($499):

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/546504/carl-gustaf-556x45mm-nato-62-grain-steel-core-penetrator-full-metal-jacket-10-round-clips-in-ammo-can-of-1000?cm_mmc=pe_weekly-_-hotbuy-_-targeted_gustaf556_20150219_2-_-Main_Image

I wonder if both Midway and AIM got their shipments today...

Thanks for the post but with 10 million NRA members writing to BATFE and signing the petition to stop this nonsense I'll ride it out and wait for things to get back to normal.  Hmmm.... I just checked the number of petition signers.  Maybe I should buy some.  Honestly, it's disgusting that the petition does not have the required 100,000 signatures already.

I'm not calling ya'll idiots, what I mean, is all day long all's I see is people freaking out posting links, people buying it up. social medias, forums are polluted with these posts.

For one most ranges don't allow it

second, the grandiose fantasy that someones gonna need hundreds to thousands of rounds of it for some shtf gun battle when some one invades or comes for your guns etc... is ridiculous. Unless you got a real good bunker, training and numbers for a defensive stand your not gonna need much. Your gonna be overpowered by superior firepower and manpower. I don't see nothing wrong with maybe few hundred rounds in storage but losing your shit over it is nuts.

I'm not calling ya'll idiots, what I mean, is all day long all's I see is people freaking out posting links, people buying it up. social medias, forums are polluted with these posts.

second, the grandiose fantasy that someones gonna need hundreds to thousands of rounds of it for some shtf gun battle when some one invades or comes for your guns etc... is ridiculous. Unless you got a real good bunker, training and numbers for a defensive stand your not gonna need much. Your gonna be overpowered by superior firepower and manpower. I don't see nothing wrong with maybe few hundred rounds in storage but losing your shit over it is nuts.

As I quietly go back to linking more ammo for my beltfed in my tinfoil wallpapered room...

Honestly, I'd stockpile .22LR way before M855.  I can't reload 22LR but I can make 5.56 all day long.

i see your point....and i reload as well...and wasn't clear with my statement... when i said what i would "i" would do... i was referring to what i would do if i was in the the panic buying crowd..that doesn't reload...the zombie prepper/anarchy type that paid thousands for 22r to load in their 5.11 backpacks to "bug out" with last time...would be better served stockpiling 5.56  :hunter: lol

agreed....but not quite as bad as the ones buying bricks of 22r for $100 not that long ago..at least the 855 makes sense to stock...not at panic pricing though......lol

I think anyone paying more than 24 for a brick of .22 is nuts.....

I have a lot of ammo so I don't have to pay silly prices or search to the ends of the earth for my favorite subsonic load during the ammo shortages.

I think keeping a few hundred rounds of ammo at home is ridiculous. I also think crying about ammo shortages is pathetic, everybody knows better at this point.

Thanks for the post but with 10 million NRA members writing to BATFE and signing the petition to stop this nonsense I'll ride it out and wait for things to get back to normal. 

This may go more than one way. It may be true that it takes ATF months or a year to sort through this and ammo becomes plentiful and cheap again quickly. However, that has never happened before. It didn't happen after Obama got elected and it didn't happen after Sandy Hook. So maybe not.

There is also a third possibility. One small manufacturer has told me he stopped loading this projectile. I have heard (second hand) that one regional distributor is not ordering any more of this ammo. They are afraid that when ATF bans it they will be stuck with their stock and it will be illegal to sell it so they are not even waiting on ATF but rather giving up on it.

Hmmm.... I just checked the number of petition signers.  Maybe I should buy some.  Honestly, it's disgusting that the petition does not have the required 100,000 signatures already.

Signing an Obama petition to protect civilian ammunition will not make Obama intervene. If you want media attention, contact the media. Call you legislators, and if they suck, also call Republican presidential hopeful legislators. If you email them you will get a canned response. Call them and tell them this is not some gun law going nowhere, ATF is banning an ammo to reduce the ammo supply. Ask them what they will do about it and get the name of the staffer, give them your name and number, and have them followup.

I understand the "its possibly going to be banned" mentality.  Please forgive my ignorance, but can someone school me on why we really must have this?  Is it really that much better than the regular Federal bulk many of us use for target purposes?

It isn't. Many ranges don't allow it due to the penetrator inside the bullet. It's not even very good at penetrating as inside 300 yards, the faster moving 55gr M193 punches material better than M855 does. The current run on it is an example of human psychology. People want what they can't have (or think they won't be able to get "soon").

I understand the "its possibly going to be banned" mentality.  Please forgive my ignorance, but can someone school me on why we really must have this?  Is it really that much better than the regular Federal bulk many of us use for target purposes?

I would only buy it if my only other options was russian bimetal jacket stuff or if it was an insane deal, say 75% of other bulk brass cased ammo. As this is not the case, I wouldn't pick any up.

Signing an Obama petition to protect civilian ammunition will not make Obama intervene. If you want media attention, contact the media. Call you legislators, and if they suck, also call Republican presidential hopeful legislators. If you email them you will get a canned response. Call them and tell them this is not some gun law going nowhere, ATF is banning an ammo to reduce the ammo supply. Ask them what they will do about it and get the name of the staffer, give them your name and number, and have them followup.

Mipa, you are missing the point.  I agree 100% that the petition will not change BO's mind.  What it will do is send a strong political message of solidarity.  A message that will still ring long after BO has left the building, a petition with one million signatures will get noticed.  It's true that the petition is not going to solve this problem, however, it is an additional front from where we can vice our opinions.  In addition to the petition, I have written a letter to BATFE and I urge every gun owner in America to do the same. 

We must defend this from every possible front.  By phone, by mail, by petition.  Our rights are being attacked and the only way to survive is with a counterattack so massive that it overwhelms the enemy. A marginal victory is not enough, we must destroy the enemies will completely and utterly.  Imagine how much press coverage there would be if the WH website crashed because 10 million NRA members tried to sign the petition in one day.

Also, I'm not sure how calling presidential hopefuls will influence the outcome of the proposed ban.  How can an unelected official help?  If we are to make a difference, crying to someone with a sympathetic ear but no power will not help.