Sign in to follow this  
ECsandstar

Glock 19 stippling

So, I'm looking to have my g19 stippled. Has anyone used anyone locally? If not, are there any companies or shops you have used that worked out well? I'd like to have the frame stippled, undercut, and get slightly more profound finger grooves. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!

I sent my G17 Gen 4 to Chad at Sweaty Muddy Bloody. Top notch work and very nice guy to boot. He has some affiliation with ATEi, so that outta tell you something. Not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for. Very clean lines and perfect texture. Minor detail but I have not seen a better trigger guard undercut. Chad contours it in a way that is super smooth, which makes any chance of getting "Glock knuckle" non-existant. I sent Chad drawings of the exact stippling coverage and pattern I wanted, and he did it exactly.

http://smbguns.com/

Some pics of my G17...

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

I sent my G17 Gen 4 to Chad at Sweaty Muddy Bloody. Top notch work and very nice guy to boot. He has some affiliation with ATEi, so that outta tell you something. Not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for. Very clean lines and perfect texture. Minor detail but I have not seen a better trigger guard undercut. Chad contours it in a way that is super smooth, which makes any chance of getting "Glock knuckle" non-existant. I sent Chad drawings of the exact stippling coverage and pattern I wanted, and he did it exactly.

http://smbguns.com/

Some pics of my G17...

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

Looks nice !

but ... do u actually feel a difference ? is it more comfy ? or is it less slippery ? or something else ?

Looks nice !

but ... do u actually feel a difference ? is it more comfy ? or is it less slippery ? or something else ?

Thanks!

And yep, I absolutely do feel a difference. I pretty much require an aggressive grip texture. I almost cannot tolerate a stock Gen 3 Glock because how slippery it is. The Gen 4 grip is only marginally better for me. Mind you, my favorite grip is my Springfield Professional, which not only has 20lpi checkering, but I also put on the Davidson Shredder grips, which have some bite to it.

I don't know if comfy is the right word to describe it. It definitely is not more comfy if you carry it on your bare skin. Guess the skin around my waist is not as tough as that on my hands. What it does do is give me a more consistent grip that doesn't slip. I took a class where it rained on us, and I definitely appreciated the extra traction stippling provides. The one part that is more comfy for sure is the trigger guard. Contouring it not only lets me get a little bit of a higher grip, but puts less pressure on my middle finger knuckle.

BTW, Talon Grips probably will give you a similar effect for a lot less money. But I was willing to pay for good stippling because I wanted something permanent, and I appreciate the aesthetics of a nicely done texturing job.