Polak

NFA gun trust in NJ possible

*This form is not legal advice and is to be used at your own direction.  Consultation with an attorney is highly recommended and this form is not a substitute for appropriate legal advice in your state.

You can't but the trust can.

how? NJ does not allow an exception for an NFA trust to own such a thing... it says "this item is illegal".. that does not by default mean that it is illegal for a person to have.. but legal for a trust or a business to have? you can certainly create a trust in NJ.. but that does not supersede firearms law as far as I am aware.. 

c. Silencers. Any person who knowingly has in his possession any firearm silencer is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree.

so even if you hypothetically got one under a trust.. YOU... or ANY other person within the state of NJ could never be in possession of it..

and that does not even address the fact that I dont know any dealer that would be willing to do the transfer..

IINAL, but the other day, for whatever reason, I was looking up SBR and SBS laws for NJ. Both are illegal, however, If I read correctly, apparently machine guns ARE legal.

Someone should confirm that, or if there aren't some restrictions where you can have it, but only if you're a cop, or something like that.

I am not aware of any law that says NFA is illegal in Jersey. I know that some of the items are addressed under NJ law, and some are not.

It seems many types of AOW would be legal. With a trust you would not need LEO signoff (for the next few months at least). I saw another thread that claimed you can't find an SOT to make you one or transfer you one. I bet you could. Regardless, you could probably file a Form 1 with the ATF make one yourself. I know, I know, "You can't make your own gun in NJ!" Well, can you change your shotgun barrel from 26 inches to 22 inches? Of course. So... If you legally own a firearm in NJ, and change it to a configuration that is not regulated under NJ law but is under the NFA, and you comply with the NFA, then I have to assume that would be fine. I'm just not sure which AOW configurations are not covered under NJ law.

And, I'm not going to look into it and certainly not the guy to ask.

As far as NJSP Firearms Investigation Unit is concerned a Gun Trust will not be recognized. As per Lieutenant Genova and Detective Sergeant Bloom.

Good for him. Nobody is asking him or cares what he thinks. If I have a New Jersey legal firearm then I am not even going to mention my gun trust to him. Because it's none of his business.

You can own any Class III that is in the closed registry. It just entails an NFA transfer and $$$$.

$$$$ because the closed registry owners know their "registered" items are severely limited in supply.

Oh really?

What kind of "Class III" can I own if it is in the closed registry in Jersey and I am willing to pay the money?

Are you seriously asking me that?

Yes.

What kind of "Class III" can I own if it is in the closed registry in Jersey and I am willing to pay the money?

SBR?

SBS?

Silencers?

Machineguns?

Destructive Devices?

Explosive Destructive Devices?

What can I buy in Jersey if I put up the money. Per your claim.

I am not aware of any law that says NFA is illegal in Jersey. I know that some of the items are addressed under NJ law, and some are not.

It seems many types of AOW would be legal. With a trust you would not need LEO signoff (for the next few months at least). I saw another thread that claimed you can't find an SOT to make you one or transfer you one. I bet you could. Regardless, you could probably file a Form 1 with the ATF make one yourself. I know, I know, "You can't make your own gun in NJ!" Well, can you change your shotgun barrel from 26 inches to 22 inches? Of course. So... If you legally own a firearm in NJ, and change it to a configuration that is not regulated under NJ law but is under the NFA, and you comply with the NFA, then I have to assume that would be fine. I'm just not sure which AOW configurations are not covered under NJ law.

And, I'm not going to look into it and certainly not the guy to ask.

SBR, SBS and suppressors are all banned outright under NJ law, even dealers who paid the SOT cannot deal in them or possess them.

You could even get an old Vickers!

You need to have a NJ carry license before you are able to get a NJ MG license. You will need a Superior Court judge to sign off on your MG license and IIRC the sign off of the CLEO of each town you will be traveling through with your MG. So, technically there is a statutory process  that you can go through to get a NJ MG license, but in reality it's never going to happen........

There is way too much retardation in here.

Please get a mod in here to straighten this up. These idiots are going to confuse people looking for information on these issues.

You should never belittle anyone by calling them an idiot.