Sign in to follow this  
TopShot

Sig Sauer P320 - Sub Compact

Hello!

According to Sig Sauer's webpage and several articles that I've read, Sig will be now offering there Sub Compact version of the P320 as of January 2015. I am a LEO and plan on purchasing this gun as my next Off Duty CCW. I am very interested in the .45 Cal version, but it seems that as of right now it will only be available in 9mm. I'm a huge fan of Glocks, mainly because of their reliability, high capacity mags, and lovely trigger. Unfortunately my department is not fond of Glocks, and will not allow us to carry them   :nono: . After shooting the P320 I think I may have found my second favorite trigger group. The trigger is DAO striker fire.It is amazingly crisp IMO. The magazine capacity is also fairly high compared to other subcompacts similar in size. I've searched YouTube, and the web for info on this gun - found nothing. I checked a few gun shops, and none have seen or been able to order them yet. If you have any info for me on this gun please fill me in!. I'll be doing a review on YouTube when I am able to get the gun for those who are interested and will post it to the forum when that day comes.   

post-8165-0-59749800-1424934864_thumb.png

I'm switching from Glocks to the Sig P320 as we speak.

One word of advice TopShot... I would actually buy the Sig P320 carry, then buy a subcompact frame for it.  Here's why:

1.  You can move from a bigger grip to smaller grip at will... say in the winter time where there is more clothing available to conceal, you can use the 15 round grip, then when its summer, you pair down to the SC grip for 10 rounds

2.  With the SC grip, you can still run the carry frame, leveraging a slightly longer barrel

3.  The carry model also lets you mount on the 1913 rail... the SC model doesn't have that

4.  The .45ACP caliber exchange kit will work with the Carry model... no brainer here

I don't CCW often, but from my experience, and what I've read elsewhere, it's not the barrel length which makes a gun difficult to conceal, but the grip... which makes sense since the barrel runs along your body axis while the grip "juts" out.

TL;DR: the smart purchase is the carry model overall... you can put a smaller grip on it.  Plus .45ACP caliber exchange kit is coming soon for it.

I'm switching from Glocks to the Sig P320 as we speak.

One word of advice TopShot... I would actually buy the Sig P320 carry, then buy a subcompact frame for it.  Here's why:

1.  You can move from a bigger grip to smaller grip at will... say in the winter time where there is more clothing available to conceal, you can use the 15 round grip, then when its summer, you pair down to the SC grip for 10 rounds

2.  With the SC grip, you can still run the carry frame, leveraging a slightly longer barrel

3.  The carry model also lets you mount on the 1913 rail... the SC model doesn't have that

4.  The .45ACP caliber exchange kit will work with the Carry model... no brainer here

I don't CCW often, but from my experience, and what I've read elsewhere, it's not the barrel length which makes a gun difficult to conceal, but the grip... which makes sense since the barrel runs along your body axis while the grip "juts" out.

TL;DR: the smart purchase is the carry model overall... you can put a smaller grip on it.  Plus .45ACP caliber exchange kit is coming soon for it.

Thank you for the advice DevsAdvocate, I will def. look into, and consider the Carry model. 

The full size is going to replace my Glock 17, the carry is replacing my 19. Eventually, I might get the 45ACP conversion.

I don't get to ccw often, but I like to have the ability to do so with the carry model