BrunoJLucarelli

Greetings from Rutgers/Monmouth County! :)

Soon-to-be target shooter here!  I'm Bruno, and I'm currently a freshman at Rutgers University studying computer science.  Applied for my FID a month ago, should be hearing back by early April.  I've been using 4chan's /k/ board for a long time to talk about guns and have been reading up on guns/book knowledge for a while, but it seems that this forum is pretty good for any NJ-related questions.  I'm surprised anybody in this state owns guns! 

Can't wait to get my FID so that I can get a Ruger 10/22 and maybe a Mosin Nagant later on!  In the meantime, feel free to ask me any time if you have any questions you think I can answer.

Rutgers New Brunswick or Piscataway?

Don't forget Reddit /r/guns as a resource too...

New Brunswick!  Though technically my dorm is in Piscataway (Busch Campus). 

You may have just given me a compelling reason to use Reddit!  Thanks. 

Welcome. My son attends Rutgers. Glad to see young people getting into the sport.

Your son attends Rutgers?  What's he studying?  Also, thank you! 

I used to live in New Brunswick - still have my place there but my dad's living there now.

It's good that you're trying to start up a club.  Unfortunately there aren't really any public shooting ranges in close proximity.  The closest ranges would probably Somerset County Fish & Game in Bridgewater (Closed membership) and Old Bridge Rifle & Pistol Clubs (Open for membership but pricey).

I used to live in New Brunswick - still have my place there but my dad's living there now.

It's good that you're trying to start up a club.  Unfortunately there aren't really any public shooting ranges in close proximity.  The closest ranges would probably Somerset County Fish & Game in Bridgewater (Closed membership) and Old Bridge Rifle & Pistol Clubs (Open for membership but pricey).

I actually e-mailed Somerset County Fish & Game last night, and received a reply this morning saying that they aren't taking any new members.  It's really unfortunate, but it's better than losing their members due to enforcing higher prices/requirements.   : (

Nice to see someone else from New Brunswick!  : D

Yeah, SCFGPA's been like that for a couple years now.  I was one of the last ones to get in.

I would be happy to guest you in for a visit.

Thanks for the offer, friend, I might take you up on that some time.  : )  It's nice to know that people are friendly around here. 

welcome to the forum!

Ah the old RU-screw...  good old college days.  it's a damn shame the grease-trucks aren't on college ave anymore. 

Thanks!  And yeah, but RU Hungry (the current best grease truck) is still on Easton!  : D

Welcome from Rowan, the other RU.

Hey there, thanks.  I know there are some gun owners and enthusiasts in Rowan.

Bruno, my son studies Liberal Arts, living in campus College Ave dorms.

That's pretty nice.  Rutgers has a great Liberal Arts program, and your son's in the best place to have fun on Thursdays and Fridays! 

Good to see, I am RU Alum EE. I think there's more students in Sciences willing to get into shooting. Try to take some of the foreign born folks along with you when you get your trips organized. Also /r/Firearms & /r/guns as mentioned. One nit pick, its FPID as the card entitles you to *purchase* firearms (and now some ammo) in NJ. It is not required to own or possess same at home

Good to see, I am RU Alum EE. I think there's more students in Sciences willing to get into shooting. Try to take some of the foreign born folks along with you when you get your trips organized. Also /r/Firearms & /r/guns as mentioned. One nit pick, its FPID as the card entitles you to *purchase* firearms (and now some ammo) in NJ. It is not required to own or possess same at home

Thanks for the advice, I always stress the point that the FPID is not required to purchase or possess but it may as well be because ammo is difficult to get without one and it is required to receive firearms with or without a purchase in NJ