Sparks450r

New Shotgun- CZ Redhead

So after a few months of saving, and searching everywhere to find one, I finally picked up my CZ Redhead Deluxe in 12 gauge with 28 inch barrels. This is basically going to be my dedicated skeet/trap/clays gun. A few moths back I shot some skeet with a buddy in NC and from then on I knew i wanted to pursue this sport and get more involved with it. I was on the edge weather to save up more and go for one of the B's (browning, Benelli, Beretta) but then I figured that i should start off with something a little cheaper. I would find it hard to justify spending 2k on a new shotgun for a sport that I am just learning. And buying used, well I just didn't come across any deals that really struck me. So I did a bunch of research and finally came to the conclusion that i would go with a CZ, this may have been influenced by the fact that i bought a CZ 75spo1 about 8 months ago and it is easily my favorite pistol. Everywhere around me wanted in the range of $950 for this shotgun but then i saw it on buds, made a deal and got it for considerably less than that and I am ecstatic.

I know that it may not have the nicest wood on it or be "the best" over under, but i was not looking for that and was not looking to spend that kind of money to get that. I think it will serve my purpose just fine.

Also I have only really shot skeet/trap a few times (3-4) so if anyone has any pointers or advice, let it fly.   Im a member at CJRPC and plan on getting into the skeet and trap shoots that they have often (like every week) and eventually get into 5 stand (when i can understand how it works).

Here are a few pics. Oh and Thanks Steve at Monmouth Arms, Always a great experience coming in to see you. 

post-7522-0-35589300-1425170042_thumb.jpg

post-7522-0-07209900-1425170051_thumb.jpg

post-7522-0-91549400-1425170056_thumb.jpg

post-7522-0-75835600-1425170063_thumb.jpg

post-7522-0-92040300-1425170068_thumb.jpg

post-7522-0-59649200-1425170074_thumb.jpg

Nice pickup! I'm a big fan of CZ's but don't own any of their shotguns. I really want the a SxS with 20'' barrels and the external hammers but it's a bit pricey.

You should come out to a shotgun shootout sometime. We shoot clays for a few hours and it's a good way to sharpen your skills. Plus I'd love to run a some shells through that thing!

Nice pickup! I'm a big fan of CZ's but don't own any of their shotguns. I really want the a SxS with 20'' barrels and the external hammers but it's a bit pricey.

You should come out to a shotgun shootout sometime. We shoot clays for a few hours and it's a good way to sharpen your skills. Plus I'd love to run a some shells through that thing!

Thanks! I am a big fan of CZ as well and this is my first CZ shotgun so well see how it works out. But so far I am pleased with it. Will be taking it out for its first run on Thursday evening. 

And yes im totally in for the shotgun shootout, I was actually wondering when the next one is going to be planned. The last two I was going to go but work always gets in the way. 

Congrats!  I want to add an O/U to the collection also and had my eye on this one to start.  I don't shoot enough to justify dropping 2k on one unless I want it to collect dust.  I figure this one would be good enough for what I want to do.

Congrats!  I want to add an O/U to the collection also and had my eye on this one to start.  I don't shoot enough to justify dropping 2k on one unless I want it to collect dust.  I figure this one would be good enough for what I want to do.

yea i was thinking the same thing, and for this price point i felt comfortable with what I was spending on it.

Nice...  How much did it run you?

The best price that I found it for online was 800. Then I went to buds and they had it for 793 I think, and I went to the "make a deal" thing and got it for 780. And i feel that that was a good deal, plus the free shipping. the best that i found it for locally was 950.

The best price that I found it for online was 800. Then I went to buds and they had it for 793 I think, and I went to the "make a deal" thing and got it for 780. And i feel that that was a good deal, plus the free shipping. the best that i found it for locally was 950.

Very nice!  That is a good deal!  Is it heavy or light?  Barrels ported or no?