panteramatt

Muzzle brake?

Don't waste your money on a bolt on brake on a  Saiga, it will really not do anything to improve performance and the chances are, even if you can find one, it will not stay on after repeated fire. If you really want one, get the barrel threaded and get a brake pinned and/or welded.

So all I need is a die? And after I thread it will it always show threads without the brake attached or is there a "cap" you can thread on?

Once it's threaded and your brake is PERMANENTLY installed, your never going to see those threads again. there won't be any easy method of unscrewing the brake once you drill and blind pin it to the barrel. But to answer your other question yes they make screw on thread protectors. It's ILLEGAL to have threads on your barrel though, so keep that in mind. Whatever you screw on to those threads can't come back off.

And be careful not to get an AK slant brake that "swirls gasses", apparently that makes it a flash hider lol... ***this is a joke btw***

But their eaily removable., what about those bolt on adaptors?

If you're barrel is threaded a bolt on brake isn't going to satisfy the "permanently affixed" requirement set forth by the state. Unless you cut the threads off the barrel and have it crowned. Or weld the bolt on brake on to your barrel. If you don't have threads a bolt on brake is g2g. But I agree they are a bit cheesy.

You can replace your fsb with a fsb from a Bulgarian ak74.the fsb itself is threaded. Then you can put a 74 style brake on.

AND by the letter of the law... you would not need to weld it.. 

I would personally still weld it.. but the LAW says barrel.. and a FSB is not a barrel.. 

AND by the letter of the law... you would not need to weld it..

I would personally still weld it.. but the LAW says barrel.. and a FSB is not a barrel..

Pinning/attaching the FSB on the barrel makes it a part of the barrel in my opinion.

Pinning/attaching the FSB on the barrel makes it a part of the barrel in my opinion.

it still leaves open accessible threading.. granted the barrel is not the threaded part...  like I said.. by the letter of the law.. legal.. but you are truly rolling the dice.. 

Teir 1 Defense in Mountainside just started offering threading for Saigas for muzzle brakes. $75 and you supply brake.

They remove the sleeve and do a 14-1 LH thread.

Here is one they did this week for a customer. I'm thinking of getting mine done too.

11024713_10153128013628728_3064907510380

I guess I shoulda been clearer. Id like a bolt on to take to my property in Pa where I have a range. Then easily remove it when I bring the rifle home to this shithole state.

Why would you remove when you came home??? Brakes/compensators are legal in NJ as long as they're not also "flash hiders".

Because dont they have to be welded or pinned?

1. Your barrel has no threads

your getting a bolt on

Don't have to take it off here.

2. Your barrel has threads

Brake MUST be blind pinned

Or welded to the barrel.

Special note:

***if your barrel is threaded, and it's a 14.5". Your adding a brake to get a 26" oal.

Then it needs to be pinned and the pin needs to be welded over, or brake needs to be welded to the barrel.***

Comprende?

(Me personally: if I were going the bolt on route, I would tack weld it to the barrel on the bottom as well. For function reasons, not legal reasons.)

Thanx deerslayer for clearing that up for me. I saw a bolt on muzzle attachment that has 4 set screws and u thread a regular brake on it. I was thinkimg if i drill 4 small holes in it just deep enough for the set screws to set in it would stay on. I just want the brake to help muzzle flip.