gfl216

What CCW Would You Choose?

What gun would you choose as an every day carry gun?

I'm not talking about an I'm going to war gun. I'm talking, I'm going for milk.

I think a small frame revolver such as the Ruger LCR or S&W Bodyguard would be best.

It will never jam, you never have to worry about a safety, and if it doesn't go bang just pull the trigger again

As of now, if it started today, I would choose our S&W 640 38spl revolver, simply because I dont own another small gun.  That said, My 640 is the older style all steel version, and not all THAT light.  I would consider getting something like a Walther CCP or Ruger LC9s (heard good things about the trigger) if we were actually to get CCW here.  I have very limited experience with compacts/sub compacts, as I have no use for them at this point in time, so I havent spent any time shooting many of them. 

I'd almost like to say my Ruger LCP. I love the trigger. Just a touch heavier than the DA trigger on my Sig but really smooth. I understand that the trigger is only good on mid 2013 and later production. I say "almost" because I've had the take down pin pop out on me a couple times.

Not sure exactly which models but small enough to carry on my hip or ankle without a big bulge. Something like the Kimber Solo line. Seem light enough, small enough and a 6 round mag of 9mm should be fine. I don't know how reliable their guns are but that's another factor.

Their 1911 Ultra carry line is nice but 1911s are pretty big for CCW from what I've seen.

I would alternate between the following based on the day, how I am dressed, etc.:

S&W M&P 9 Shield

S&W M&P 9C

Ruger LCR in 9mm

NAA Sidewinder

I would consider the new Glock 9mm, a Glock 19, a Ruger SP101 in .38/.357 and a S&W Model 60.

The nod would go to the Shield.

I'll be getting a Lionheart LH9CN for EDC. I'll get the gun & holster as soon as I get a day off from work to switch my license over to TX. Then I'll take the class & get my CHL.

The gun was developed for the Korean military and has been carried by them for 20+ years. For some reason, I have an aversion to Lego guns...tried them, carried one as a LEO for a couple years, just don't like them.

This signature is AWESOME!!!