gfl216

What CCW Would You Choose?

illy, their can be issues related to sub compact 1911s however the ones I carry all work and most have 5000 rounds or more thru them. They do not get carried until they can pass muster and this is true for any weapon....…

PS this vid has surfaced previously when this same subject came up and my assessment is that the guy who attended the training took a new out of the box pistol to this training in that he said 300 rounds thru the gun and it's getting sold. Granted everyone wants one that shoots from day one each and every time with whatever is run thru it, for me until they have abut 750-1000 rounds thru it I withhold any judgements. I have had compacts that even after that round count and checking tolerances and things that contribute to issues as outlined then I have in that past dumped a gun.

Some might say why bother but for me they can and have severed my purposes. I have both full size, commander and officer models and have and do carry them as well. One of the biggest issues with compact 1911 is they are very susceptible  to limp wristing and crappy mags do them no favors. JMOP

Lecky I have a P238, but for me and this is for me only it is a back up gun. Really like mine but it only was a primary one time...... daughters wedding wearing a tuxedo....... Have lots of rounds thru it and  runs real good. Regards

What do you guys thing about carrying a sig p238?

I carry a p938 and like it. Works well with IWB or pocket. The only thing I would change would be to make it DA because I'm still having trouble getting my mind around "cocked and locked."

Accuracy is decent with practice.

Beretta PX4 Compact in 9MM.

With a coat in the Winter, Sig P229 Elite Stainless in .40

In the dead of Summer, I would settle for my N.A.A. .22LR in my pocket with my loose change. That thing is so damn small, nobody could ever tell

and 5 shots with .22LR are better than nothing. Plus if I pulled that gun on a bad guy he would probably die laughing thus negating my need to shoot him in the first place!!!

I liked the S&W Shield I recently shot, but I liked the Springfield XDS 3.3" even more.   

I did prefer the sights and the trigger on the Shield, but the ergonomics of the XDS were better for me, and it grouped much better--just a hair over 2" at 50'

Ruger LCR would be my first choice.

If they came out with a LCR X version in 9mm with the Hogue tamer grip and a 3" barrel, that would be awesome.

Given that in this forsaken state we are forbidden modern ammo, I'd go for an XD45 compact.

I would consider a S&W M&P 45C as well.

Given the chance to carry in NJ (or elsewhere), I'd likely pick up a Sig P239 SAS II .40 or .357Sig, Sig P320, and/or Ruger LC9 for carry. 

If I had to pick from what I own now, I'd likely go Sig Pro 2022 9mm or Glock 23, since I don't have anything else compact.

The OP said going for milk not to war so that makes life a little easier.

I don't carry in the house but when I go out the door I find it convenient to just pop a PM9 in my front pocket.

Small 6X9mm simple.

No extra mag,

I CC the one I shoot the best.

Everyone should read this 1000 times and commit it to memory. This is the correct mindset. This is the answer.

If you had every handgun you owned on a table in front of you when the balloon went up, which one would you grab to solve the problem at hand. THAT is the gun you should be carrying. Not a .22 because it's small or a .380 because it fits in your pocket. A gun carried in defense of your life, or that of another, should be comforting not necessarily comfortable.

The right belt and holster makes varying anything easy in relative comfort.

The bad guys are carrying and hiding full size 1911's and Tec-9s in basketball shorts and T-Shirts. Why can't we? Because they have a better mindset towards their carrying.

Everyone should read this 1000 times and commit it to memory. This is the correct mindset. This is the answer.

If you had every handgun you owned on a table in front of you when the baloon went up, which one would you grab to solve the problem at hand. THAT is the gun you should be carrying.

I don't think that's feasible in every situation though. I shoot my full size 1911 best but I don't know if it's the best gun to carry all day every day.

That's not to say I wouldn't practice and train with another gun to be as proficient as humanly possible with another gun more suited to carrying

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The OP said going for milk not to war so that makes life a little easier.

I don't carry in the house but when I go out the door I find it convenient to just pop a PM9 in my front pocket.

Small 6X9mm simple.

No extra mag,

I don't think that any defensive gun use was planned as going to war. Going to get milk does not change anything from going out for the day. The likely hood of using your gun is slim but I'd like to make sure I have as much as I can carry. It's not like I would need to use it again after the initial use so justifying a lower capacity as just running one errand versus many does not make sense.