effd27145

Midwest Industries Handguard

So for anyone that can help let me know if this is possible. I currently have my 14.5 BCM Middy upper with the PWS FSC pinned and welded on. I want to swap out my Magpul handguard for a Midwest Industries M-Lok or Keymod free-float guard. 

The barrel is a .625 diameter and has an A2 front sight post on it. Since the muzzle device is welded on I cannot remove or install a new gas block. I do not think it is possible, but does anyone know if you can cut down a .625 diameter A2 front sight post low enough to slide the proprietary barrel nut over that the Midwest Industries hand guards use? 

If not I will just have to look at options that use stock barrel nuts for mounting.

I'm in FL, I'll call you when I get back and go over options.

I trimmed my 14.5 BCM down to do almost the same thing. Took about 1/2 hour but I used a tube thy used a standard barrel but - Troy Alpha.

I don't think you can get he has block small enough, but you could probably cut it off and get a two price gas block.

Take a good look at the Troy Alpha tube. Slim handguard, free float, uses a standard barrel nut, and you can find them cheap lately

I'm in FL, I'll call you when I get back and go over options.

I trimmed my 14.5 BCM down to do almost the same thing. Took about 1/2 hour but I used a tube thy used a standard barrel but - Troy Alpha.

I don't think you can get he has block small enough, but you could probably cut it off and get a two price gas block.

Take a good look at the Troy Alpha tube. Slim handguard, free float, uses a standard barrel nut, and you can find them cheap lately

Of course your in Florida now.....haha

The issue with that is that the 2 piece gas blocks are not small enough to fit under the MI rails that I am looking at. 

The alpha is one of the backup options I am looking at.

The Alpha will fit over a cut down gas block with no issues and uses the standard barrel nut:

7B2001F1-77F3-4544-8BF3-245414F4E268_zps

BCM Carbine length upper with 14.5" barrel and perm muzzle device. Ground down the standard FS assembly, and cut off the delta ring and spring to fit a 13" Troy Alpha tube.

No reason to go to a two piece block.

I cut an A2 site down low enough to fit under a Noveske NSR and that is one of the smallest hand guards out there.. but there is no way you are getting a barrel nut over that.. 

No problem, I didnt think so. Troy Alpha it is then.

IWC makes some nice direct mount options for the Alpha.

A WMLX at 12 o'clock works well too.

Good deal, shoot me a text or call when your back in the area.

Changed my mind, gonna run it with this handguard

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1210

Gonna keep this rifle simple, leave the front A2 sight on and make this into a no frills gun.

The next build that I am starting soon may go with the Alpha

Changed my mind, gonna run it with this handguard

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1210

Gonna keep this rifle simple, leave the front A2 sight on and make this into a no frills gun.

The next build that I am starting soon may go with the Alpha

is the gun carbine or mid length... if its mid length I can sell you that cheap.. I have an extra one from before going to free float.. 

Not to steal Vlads sale, but why switch from the MOE Handguards. They'll do everything you need for a "no frills" gun.

Save your $$ and put it towards the new riflegun, training, ammo, etc...

I told him I would just get a Noveske NSR.. lol 

I had a different version of the hand guard he wanted anyway.. so no sale stolen.. and honestly at the end of the day.. the thing is just sitting.. I would rather have him get the right thing.. over convincing him to buy something just because I have one to sell.. lol 

+1 on the Troy Alpha or Bravo that use the standard barrel nut, I have one of each. If you're going to upgrade the handguard, upgrade to a free float. These rails offer the easiest solution without having to remove the gas block.

Not to steal Vlads sale, but why switch from the MOE Handguards. They'll do everything you need for a "no frills" gun.

Save your $$ and put it towards the new riflegun, training, ammo, etc...

I have so much money burning a hole in my pocket right now that I dont know what to do with it......oh wait....no I dont.

Haha, this is a result of the problem of working 60 hour weeks and just sitting there looking at stuff to spend money on all night.

But alas, you are right. Why bother with a no frills gun. If I get keyboard happy and order an Alpha tonight I will let you know