Njbanshee

Glock upgrades

Sights first.

Shoot the shit out of it and dry fire it a bajillion times - best Glock trigger job ever.

Quality holster and gunbelt.

10 more magazines.

Get some spare parts to cover preventative maintenance and swap them at intervals.

KKM barrel if you can out shoot the gun.

I just put the Dawson Precision FO's on mine, red front and green adjustable rear. I think it was around $125 shipped. 

Tomorrow my DK Custom trigger will be here. That was $190 shipped and is production legal. 

I spent a week reading about witch trigger to get and it looks like DK should be the best but who knows. 

I cant hit shit with the stock trigger its over 8 pounds. 

What sights do you recommend?

I use Trijicon HD Night sights, but I don't have a target/competition pistol. Others who shoot this size model will probably have better recommendations.

I'm definitely gonna do sights, and connector. Should do springs?

I believe your Glock 34 already comes from the factory with a 3.4# connector. If you're not shooting competitively, then I would not bother changing springs.

I use Trijicon HD Night sights, but I don't have a target/competition pistol. Others who shoot this size model will probably have better recommendations.

I believe your Glock 34 already comes from the factory with a 3.4# connector. If you're not shooting competitively, then I would not bother changing springs.

Night sights are not a competitive advantage. For competitive use, fiber optic front, black rear is much better.

Also, 3.5# connector is not the same as 3.5lb trigger pull, or indicative of a smooth trigger pull and reset.

Night sights are not a competitive advantage. For competitive use, fiber optic front, black rear is much better.

Also, 3.5# connector is not the same as 3.5lb trigger pull, or indicative of a smooth trigger pull and reset.

Agreed dude, but the OP wrote he was changing the connector to 3.5#, not adjusting the trigger pull. That is a redundant part, as it is already factory installed:

I'm definitely gonna do sights, and connector. Should do springs?

Also I did not advocate night sights for this particular model:

I use Trijicon HD Night sights, but I don't have a target/competition pistol. Others who shoot this size model will probably have better recommendations.

Agreed dude, but the OP wrote he was changing the connector to 3.5#, not adjusting the trigger pull. That is a redundant part, as it is already factory installed:

Also I did not advocate night sights for this particular model:

Hang on, I'm removing my foot from my mouth at the moment.

I typically do the following with my new Glocks:

Install Trijicon HD sights

Polish the trigger assembly (anything that slides or touches anything else gets polished to a nice mirror shine

Install a lightweight trigger return spring (ZEV/Glockworx)

Install a polished striker safety with lightened spring (ZEV/Glockworx)

Install a lightweight connector (ZEV/Glockworx)

Then I shoot the crap out of it to make sure it's dead nuts reliable.

Sights first.

Shoot the shit out of it and dry fire it a bajillion times - best Glock trigger job ever.

Quality holster and gunbelt.

10 more magazines.

Get some spare parts to cover preventative maintenance and swap them at intervals.

KKM barrel if you can out shoot the gun.

HE-

What's a quality holster for a G23?

Also my G23 came with adjustable sights. Are they still junk?

thanks,

S.

I carry mine in a JM Custom Kydex IWB, DeSantis Scorpion IWB, or a Safariland ALS OWB holster.

Safariland is really the only choice for a duty/OC type holster. I also use a Safariland ALS for competition shooting.

For CCW I like Raven, Peters Custom, Fricke, JM Custom, CompTac, BladeTech. There are a few guys on the forum that seem to make nice holsters but I haven't had a chance to mess with them.

Avoid Fobus, CAA, and any of the floopy cordura Uncle Mike type holsters.

The plastic sights that come with Glocks are "place holders" and not meant for serious long term use, even the adjustavle ones. Glock does that because they know people are particular about sights and figure why charge you for quality sights if you are just gonna take them off and buy the ones you like to install - makes sense to me. When I budget for a Glock I always add $100 for sight + installation to the price in my head.

HE-

What's a quality holster for a G23?

Also my G23 came with adjustable sights. Are they still junk?

thanks,

S.

I make kydex holsters and provide a forum member discount. I'd be happy to help.

For CCW I like Raven, Peters Custom, Fricke, JM Custom. There are a few guys on the forum that seem to make nice holsters but I haven't had a chance to mess with them.

I need to get you a holster.

For my first 9mm pistol I decided to purchase a new Glock 17, Gen 4 which I have gradually modified with upgraded parts including:

-  a tungsten guide rod and spring

-  extended aluminum magazine release button

-  Trijicon HD night sights (orange front)

-  the Ultimate Pyramid Trigger System
-  Extended slide release

Most recently, I purchased and affixed to the pistol on its Picatinny rail, a SureFire X400 Ultra LED light with green Laser.

IMHO, each of these modifications have greatly improved the gun from its stock configuration, resulting in a much better feeling and more accurate shooting pistol.

I intend for this modified Glock 17 Gen 4 to serve as my primary home defense pistol with magazines loaded with Speer Gold Dot +P 124 hollow point ammunition.

AVB-AMG

If I were to upgrade a Glock, the first thing I would do is trade it in for a Beretta...just like I did 23 years ago when my G17 failed while returning fire.

Balderdash. Glock perfection cannot fail by definition.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk