Sign in to follow this  
Redlines

All 5.56 IN danger

I had the displeasure of living in a country where searches were conducted without a warrant....they would "check" to make sure the gun was still in your possession every so often without warning....same with ammunition, holsters and magazines which had to be papered and the Govt. knew what you had at all times....

I'VE talked to more than one customer that came to to the us to get away from the bullshit that went on in their home countries.......and they are without exception pissed off that we're headed to the same place.........

I'VE talked to more than one customer that came to to the us to get away from the bullshit that went on in their home countries.......and they are without exception pissed off that we're headed to the same place.........

It's sad to see us heading in that direction.

On the national level it's getting bad, but on the local NJ level we are getting hit worse.

At least it has gotten this bad (yet):

Copy%20of%20Customs%20restricted%20items

and

Indecent and obscene prints

Indecent and obscene prints, paintings, photographs, cinematograph films, lithographs, engravings, books, cards or written communications or any indecent or obscene articles whether similar to the above or not and any parcels, packages or packets having thereon, or on the cover thereof, any words, marks or designs which are grossly offensive or of an indecent or obscene character.

and

1. All publications of de Laurence Scott and Company of Chicago in the
United States of America relating to divination, magic, cultism or
supernatural arts.
2. All publications of the Red Star Publishing Company of Chicago in the
United States of America relating to divination, magic, cultism or
supernatural arts.

No camouflage clothing? I ware camouflage all the time. Do they force you to fly naked if you're wearing Camo to the airport? Then you would be violating indecent material/obscene rules lol.

Jamaica? Can I ware a t-shirt with a big pot leaf on it instead? lol

No camouflage clothing? I ware camouflage all the time. Do they force you to fly naked if you're wearing Camo to the airport? Then you would be violating indecent material/obscene rules lol. Jamaica? Can I ware a t-shirt with a big pot leaf on it instead? lol

No, you can wear camo shorts just no full BDU's...the leaf shirt might be a problem coming home lol :D

WOW

All firearms offenders are sent to "The Gun Court"....a specially designed court and prison complex for firearms offenders...

South_camp_prison.jpeg

The Gun Court is the branch of the Jamaican judicial system that tries criminal cases involving firearms. The Court was established by Parliament in 1974 to combat rising gun violence, and empowered to try suspects in camera, without a jury. The Supreme Court, Circuit Courts, and Resident Magistrate's Courts function as Gun Courts whenever they hear firearms cases. There is also a Western Regional Gun Court in Montego Bay. Those convicted by the Gun Court are imprisoned in a dedicated prison compound at South Camp in Kingston. Until 1999, the Gun Court sessions were also held in the same facility.

The long sentences of the Gun Court and its restrictions on the rights of the accused have given rise to constitutional challenges, some of which have been appealed to the Privy Council in London. These cases have resulted in some modifications to the court, but have upheld it on the whole. The Gun Court system has also been the target of criticism because of its lengthy delay in hearing cases, and the continuing rise in gun violence since its adoption.

It's probably the most ubiquitous rifle cartridge in the US, due to the popularity of the AR platform, that's why it was picked first. If it is banned, expect them to go after other popular rifle ammo as well. 

Wouldn't work, if they targeted 30-06 and 308 people would be up in arms over it.

Even if ALL 223 was banned how could they prevent someone from loading it? how could they prove it was loaded after a certain date?

It isn't likely to happen, but keep an eye out on gunbroker in the next 6 or so months when everyone dumps all the M855 they bought up :D