Sign in to follow this  
Pizza Bob

There's Still Hope

I think we can all pretty much agree that young people coming into the sport of shooting is what's needed to keep it alive. Now, thanks to the Potterfields (Midway) and the NSSF there is a groundswell of support on college campuses for the shooting sports. Really strange to find a story such as this from these sources: The Washington Post by way of MSN...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/gun-industry%E2%80%99s-helping-hand-triggers-a-surge-in-college-shooting-clubs/ar-AA9MBB6

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thanks for sharing.  Good read.  Better to start late than never.  Definetly a positive article which is refreshing for a change.  In addition to broadening their perspective about shooting sports and firearms I'm sure the students are creating new friendships with people they may have never associated with before.  You know, gun nuts  :)

Score one for the good guys.

That's a great story. When I tell people I like to shoot, 99% of the time they talk about their dislike of guns and how dangerous it is. Once we discuss how safe it is and how much fun it is most start to be inquisitive. Two main points that help (1) it's not about prepping or self defense but rather the challenge/skill and (2) some of the most popular commercials are for nerf guns, which shows this is a fundamental activity that interests most of our society. Take the crazy out of the sport (although I'm a fanatic at heart) and I've had good success making converts. EVERYONE LIKES TO TRY THEIR AIM WHETHER ITS AT CLAYS, FLINGING A ROCK AT SOMETHING OR PLAYING DARTS. OUR JOB IS TO MAKE THAT CONNCTION (in my humble opinion).

That's a great story. When I tell people I like to shoot, 99% of the time they talk about their dislike of guns and how dangerous it is.

I have to say that the majority of people I talk to about my hobby are usually receptive and how they want to try it. 5 out of my 7 peers own guns and the other 2 keep talking about how they want to get their paperwork filed. Maybe it's just cause this is a conservative area?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk