ogfarmer

2A Eat and Meet Events. (Formally 2A Dinner meet ups)

I recently started hosting 2A dinner Eat and Meet up events at some restaurants in central jersey area to hang with some fellow gun nuts to chow down and BS. The locations/geography will vary per event. I been doing this on FB and felt I would share here too now that there has been interest and people coming.

A few guys from these boards and FB have come out and we've enjoyed Sushi @ Sushi Palace in Somerville, All u can eat buffet at Flaming Grill Buffet in Manville, Manville Pizza and have some more good places planned.

POST HAS BEEN EDITED TO REMOVE PREVIOUS EVENT

NEXT EVENT INFO LINK HERE----->http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/75779-2a-eat-and-meet-events-formally-2a-dinner-meet-ups/#entry973165

image5.jpeg

2A Eat and Meet Grub Down at Arthur's Steakhouse

Saturday April 25th 7:00pm

644 Georges Rd, North Brunswick, New Jersey 08902

Come hang and eat with fellow 2A folks Arthur's Steak House & Pub in North Brunswick for our 4th 2A Grub Down. Enjoy Big Steaks, Harold Delis Pickles, Killer French Onion Soup and good company. Since Arthur's gets busy we must have a reservation ahead of time to guarantee we are all together. So please RSVP and keep me informed of any changes. I must have definite confirms by noon Thursday 4/23 in order to make the reservation.

So if you can see this event page please RSVP thru it. Some may not be able to due to Privacy settings so please RSVP in this thread. If you RSVP and are unable to attend last minute please let me know.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1042056385822347/

24oz Steak and Arthur's potatoes eaten by Damjan

11162508_1570834259845981_81232883283783

Can't make it tomorrow but please keep posting notices for these kinds of things.

The original Arthur's was in Hoboken. Was one of my favorite eateries during the 1980s. Ate there about 2 months ago with my pop. "The Steak" is significantly smaller and the prices have doubled. Used to be one in Sparta where I ate for nearly 20 years with my bridge partner before our games. When we started going there "The Steak" was huge and cost $12. Last time we ate there it cost $30, had shrunk in size by half, and was not the same quality. That particular joint is now called St. Moritz and is right across the street from Lake Mohawk. 

The steak in the photo looks like the original. Bon apetit.

Can't make it tomorrow but please keep posting notices for these kinds of things.

The original Arthur's was in Hoboken. Was one of my favorite eateries during the 1980s. Ate there about 2 months ago with my pop. "The Steak" is significantly smaller and the prices have doubled. Used to be one in Sparta where I ate for nearly 20 years with my bridge partner before our games. When we started going there "The Steak" was huge and cost $12. Last time we ate there it cost $30, had shrunk in size by half, and was not the same quality. That particular joint is now called St. Moritz and is right across the street from Lake Mohawk.

The steak in the photo looks like the original. Bon apetit.

You should try the Arthur's on Speedwell ave in Morris Plains, by the train station. Holy crap their steaks are good! Worth the drive always.

http://www.arthurstavern.com/index.html

You should try the Arthur's on Speedwell ave in Morris Plains, by the train station. Holy crap their steaks are good! Worth the drive always. http://www.arthurstavern.com/index.html

You're right the place is wonderful.

I was there once, in 1999 or 2000, with one of the sales guys who worked for my company. At the time I was 6'3" 230, my buddy was 5'4" about 160. We both ordered the 48 ounce steak. I brought 1/3 of it home; Mike ate the whole darned thing right there, plus dessert, and drank an ungodly volume of beer. 

You're right the place is wonderful.

I was there once, in 1999 or 2000, with one of the sales guys who worked for my company. At the time I was 6'3" 230, my buddy was 5'4" about 160. We both ordered the 48 ounce steak. I brought 1/3 of it home; Mike ate the whole darned thing right there, plus dessert, and drank an ungodly volume of beer.

Yep sounds like the place! My neighbor (a Sussex county local precision machine shop owner) is in the cable commercial for the place. Every time I see him now I'm hungry for a steak!:D

Good morning everybody!

Hope everyone's ready for tonight. We still have a few seats left if anyone's plans have changed and wish to join us, please

Post. If you've already RSVP and unable to attend please opt out so we know. I will post the RSVP table info later today so you know what our party is. See everyone tonight.

PS- Please don't just show up, the restaurant is booked and seating is limited.

Sorry, I'm little late announcing this one here, due to very limited seating for this event.

Mays 2A Eat and Meet Event is this Friday, May 22nd 7pm @ PORK CHOP's BBQ in Flemington.

174 New Jersey 31, Flemington, NJ 08822 (Right next door to Sportsman Rendezvous)

Enjoy fantastic wood cooked Portuguese BBQ. They got ribs, chicken, seafood and more. We have 3 tables 14 seats total reserved so please RSVP. BYOB

We have 7 seats open, so if you got no plans this Friday come hang. Please let me know you want a seat this is also advertised on FB.