M1152

9mm ammo recommendation

I just got a case of Winchester 9mm Nato 124gr. Going to give it a go. I was going to get the Speer Lawman but I got this stuff cheaper. I will try out the Speer next. I want to get some Gold Dots and try those. Keep a few boxes in the house.

I have all 9mm sig 226/229/239 and what I have to say applies to all three.

Defense ammo. I use 135gr +P Critical Duty.

Training/fun ammo. I don't like Remington/UMC, Herter, Magtech. I haven't tried S&B or Fiocci. I prefer WWB (115), Federal Champion (115) or Geco (124). I prefer these rounds because they consistently give smaller group sizes and let me get sights back on target faster. American Eagle is ok but often pricey I've found. I like Freedom 115 but have had light strikes with them so have stopped using it (they have a new "super match" round that I tried 100 of - very good but ~ 28c per).

I also use SG and they are excellent.

For what it's worth, in my hands the ammo does make a difference to accuracy and ease of the "one hole drill".

Enjoy!

G

I believe he sold the company. So it's new owners. He had some amazing car collection go through his hands while in nj

If you like 135 grain you could start reloading and do your own. That's what I did for my wife's Shield. She didn't like how snappy the 115 grain was so I got my hands on a small pack (25) of 135gr RN and loaded them for her. Now, I have ~1000 of them loaded up and sitting in my ammo cabinet.

This signature is AWESOME!!!