Sign in to follow this  
InFamous

Sportsman's Guide To Start Selling Firearms.

Pretty cool considering I do get a lot of good deals from them. We'll see how it works out and I hope the local FFL's send them their info. Trustworthy company for anything I've ever ordered from them. Can't wait to see how this works out and how cheap they can get.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/splash?key=Guns&Spiff=4

spg_buy_your_guns_at_the_guide_021315_he

They won't ship jack to NJ. They don't care it it's a $12 - 4" picainny rail. I use to buy a lot from them, but their idiot practices kind of steer me away. They can send cases of ammo to you, but if it smells of an AR, no go...

The shipping might be free but they slap on a handling charge in it's place.

They have never had a handling fee in any purchase I've made from them. My totals always have equaled the cost of merchandise only. I placed about 6 orders towards the end of last year so that's recent enough that I doubt it's been chanced since then. Maybe you ordered a long time ago when they used to use this practice?

i'm still mad at them about their bizarre handling of the ammo shortage. They kept backorders from me for over a year, then cancelled my order two days before they put out a sale of the same ammo on their site (9mm Blazer Brass)  I used to put in an order every 6 mos. for a 1,000 rounds Mini-mags before early 2013, no more (even if it were available) 

Also, I always seem to find that most of the hunting/shooting related equipment is less than top quality. if it is real cheap compare the model vs. other sources and you'll find they are the seconds, old models or lowest end items. The only upside is they'll take back bad stuff pretty much no question asked. They are about the only place i keep sending stuff back to though.

I always argue with my FIL about this, he is always getting a "deal" from SG but then complains about it all the time. I usually wait and buy the better item on sale at Cabelas or via Amazon and find it is good the first time. The exception is stuff that is not going to last a long time anyway like cheap ground blinds and the like.

They have never had a handling fee in any purchase I've made from them. My totals always have equaled the cost of merchandise only. I placed about 6 orders towards the end of last year so that's recent enough that I doubt it's been chanced since then. Maybe you ordered a long time ago when they used to use this practice?

That's possible. It's been a few years but they definitely slapped a handling charge on spam cans when I bought them. Maybe because they are heavy, I don't know. I was a paid member at the time, and got their promo email with the free shipping code. I'm not trying to put you off them, but I was surprised when that charge got tacked on at checkout. Otherwise they worked for me. I think I got an upper from them before they stopped AR orders to NJ.

That's possible. It's been a few years but they definitely slapped a handling charge on spam cans when I bought them. Maybe because they are heavy, I don't know. I was a paid member at the time, and got their promo email with the free shipping code. I'm not trying to put you off them, but I was surprised when that charge got tacked on at checkout. Otherwise they worked for me. I think I got an upper from them before they stopped AR orders to NJ.

That's completely possible. They do charge a fee for items over a certain weight. Also, no worries...I've been ordering through them for years.

They won't ship jack to NJ. They don't care it it's a $12 - 4" picainny rail. I use to buy a lot from them, but their idiot practices kind of steer me away. They can send cases of ammo to you, but if it smells of an AR, no go...

When I got back into firearms a few years ago I ordered and received all kinds of ammo from them. Then came the crunch. I'm still waiting for CCI minimags for 4 cents per round.

When I got back into firearms a few years ago I ordered and received all kinds of ammo from them. Then came the crunch. I'm still waiting for CCI minimags for 4 cents per round.

Ammo is not the problem. I've literally spent thousands with them. Use to buy cases of ammo. Then one day they had a carry handle picatinny mount on sale for like $12... They processed everything else. They called me to say they cancelled the rail because I'm in NJ... I argued with them saying it was not on the SG ban list and it was just a scope mount. She said it was an error, but no. This was at least a decade ago. What BS.... Haven't bought anything from them since. I get some rules but that? Anything AR related, even a fooking mount, they won't ship. Dumasses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's up and running! You can now buy rifles, shotguns, and handguns from them.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/department/guns?d=185

$4.99 shipping for long guns and $9.99 shipping for handguns. 

Not a horrible process to select/ship to FFL. Has to be on file to make it easy obviously. As more people order, more FFL's will be on file which will speed up the process.

1. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/shoppingresources/howtoorderfirearms

2. If your order also contains non-gun items, those items will ship directly to you.

3. SELECT A FFL DEALER (YOUR GUN WILL BE SHIPPED HERE)

Use our comprehensive FFL search tool to select an FFL dealer near you that will accept and perform your transfer. You can search for and select your FFL dealer now OR during the checkout process.

While all authorized FFL dealers are availble to select, using one of our Preferred dealers will save you time and paperwork. Preferred dealers have agreed to process any ATF gun transfers for Sportsman Guide customers (dealer transfer fees still apply), so there is no need to contact the dealer to arrange the transfer. We already have a copy of their license on file, so selecting a Preferred dealer will expedite the processing and shipping of your order!

Live in the Twin Cities metro area? Select Sportsman's Guide's outlet store as your FFL dealer and avoid FFL transfer fees!

4. CONTACT FFL DEALER (WHEN AN OUT-OF-NETWORK FFL IS SELECTED)

When using an FFL that is not a Sportsman's Guide Preferred dealer, you must first contact the dealer to ensure they are willing to accept the gun for you and process the transfer (dealer transfer fees apply and vary by dealer).

Once the dealer agrees to accept your order, select the FFL to continue the checkout process.

1. SUBMIT YOUR ORDER!

A flat rate Gun Shipping Fee will be applied for each gun on your order:
      Hand Guns - $9.99 (2nd Day Air Shipping to FFL Dealer)
      Long Guns - $4.99 (Ground Shipping to FFL Dealer)

2. COMPLETE FFL CONFIRMATION FORM
      (WHEN AN OUT-OF-NETWORK FFL IS SELECTED)

Within 6 days of placing your order, you must complete and return the FFL Confirmation Form. Be sure to complete all steps including providing a copy of the dealers FFL license to Sportsman's Guide. If your dealer is submitting their license to us, be sure they include your order number with all correspondence! Failure to complete this process within 6 days of ordering will result in your entire order being cancelled. Once the FFL license is received, the gun will ship to the FFL Dealer within 1 day.

If you have selected a dealer in California: California dealers must also include their CA Firearms Dealer (CFD) Number along with a copy of their license.

Fax or Email the completed form to:
      Fax: 651-306-3977
      Email: [email protected]
      Questions? Please call Customer Service at 866-223-5516

3. PICK UP YOUR GUN AT YOUR SELECTED FFL DEALER

The FFL dealer you selected will contact you to arrange your transfer once they receive your gun from Sportsman's Guide. You will need to arrive with all proper identification and documention/licenses to show that you can legally purchase and possess the gun. The FFL Dealer will likely do a background screening using the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).

Most FFL dealers will charge a fee for the transfer and background process. Be aware that you will be responsible for paying this fee in order to take possession of your gun.

IMPORTANT: Before completing any paperwork at the FFL Dealer, you should closely inspect the gun and verify the make, model caliber/gauge and condition matches what you ordered. If there is an issue with the gun, do not complete any paperwork and immediately call Sportsman's Guide customer service at 866-223-5516. Once the transfer process is completed with your FFL dealer, the gun is not returnable for any reason.