Sign in to follow this  
szebrows

Bump Fire/ Slide Fire

Are Bump Fire/ Slide Fire stocks illegal in NJ?  I've tried researching this and found everything from a U.S. Marshal checking out one on some guy's gun at a NJ range and thinking it was "cool" to the NJ Attorney General telling a friend of a friend of a friend that it is illegal. Has anyone seen anyone using these in NJ or know if the AG actually said that they're illegal?  I just got a magazine in the mail with them on the cover for sale and no mention of legality.

I wouldn't worry.  If I remember correctly, they come with a letter stating the ATF says they're legal.  All you have to do is produce the letter before you're handcuffed and everything's alright, correct?  Like everyone is saying, they're kinda neat.  We're all going to wait and see how it works out. Any state that can imprison you for an unloaded flintlock just don't seem that liberal to me!

Haha, I expected this.  But seriously, these things have been out for like 5 years and marketed in major gun magazines and catalogs.  I would think that someone would have been a test case by now.

We don't have the time to discuss all the items that have been for sale for years but are not legal in NJ

I wouldn't worry.  If I remember correctly, they come with a letter stating the ATF says they're legal.  All you have to do is produce the letter before you're handcuffed and everything's alright, correct?  Like everyone is saying, they're kinda neat.  We're all going to wait and see how it works out. Any state that can imprison you for an unloaded flintlock just don't seem that liberal to me!

I think you are missing the point!

The ATF says they are legal in the sense that they (ATF) do not consider the "Bump Fire"

as a full auto weapon, so they are stating they (ATF) have no issue with the stock.

Now - this is New Jersey and the rules for NJ State laws overide federal, as in the ATF has no 

issue with a folding or collapsible but NJ does. the issue is not the Bump Fire, it's that IF they 

want to make a case - all they have to do is say the stock is collapsible / telescopic (which it is)

and your guilty................

We don't have the time to discuss all the items that have been for sale for years but are not legal in NJ

I think you are missing the point!

The ATF says they are legal in the sense that they (ATF) do not consider the "Bump Fire"

as a full auto weapon, so they are stating they (ATF) have no issue with the stock.

Now - this is New Jersey and the rules for NJ State laws overide federal, as in the ATF has no

issue with a folding or collapsible but NJ does. the issue is not the Bump Fire, it's that IF they

want to make a case - all they have to do is say the stock is collapsible / telescopic (which it is)

and your guilty................

State law can be more restrictive, never more lenient. So, if the ATF says its legal, NJ can consider it illegal. Although, in this case NJ (may) restrict this because it telescopes. Not worth the hassle.

What exactly are you "waiting" for? The first publicized case of a New Jersey subject going to jail?

This has been around for a few years now. I think in one of the first threads about this there was a statement from NJSP or NJAG or someone saying it is illegal. Anyway, if you are waiting for some NJ authority to say it is legal, how much longer you plan to wait after all this time?

What exactly are you "waiting" for? The first publicized case of a New Jersey subject going to jail? This has been around for a few years now. I think in one of the first threads about this there was a statement from NJSP or NJAG or someone saying it is illegal. Anyway, if you are waiting for some NJ authority to say it is legal, how much longer you plan to wait after all this time?

Buy it...install it...keep a low profile? ;)

They suck I baught one last year from slide fire and there was no paper from anyone in box. I put it on my ar and it barely worked. Nothing like the online video it only did 3 round burst no full auto so I got rid of it.

They suck I baught one last year from slide fire and there was no paper from anyone in box. I put it on my ar and it barely worked. Nothing like the online video it only did 3 round burst no full auto so I got rid of it.

You are not very good at slidefire. I completely dumped the first 30 round mag I tried on one. Not one hiccup.

I'm surprised you found a range OK with rapid fire / bump fire.

lol I tried it only slides over your buffer tube and locks in place. I never hip fired I tried like the video showed aiming and I'm lucky if it did a 3 round burst here and there. Never any full auto action. So I sold it. I can't see how you have to know a special way.

lol I tried it only slides over your buffer tube and locks in place. I never hip fired I tried like the video showed aiming and I'm lucky if it did a 3 round burst here and there. Never any full auto action. So I sold it. I can't see how you have to know a special way.

The crank fire adapters work well, well for anything 223 and under.

from what i've read about them, and the tac con triggers, you need to practice practice practice.

can't you actually just bump fire without that stock too?

It's not even close. Right out of the box it's almost the same as a happy switch. And you actually hit what you are aiming at.

I was surprised to find some of the apparent BS on their website is true. I am more precise with a real MG. However, the cone of fire from the slidefire is more narrow and the walk is nonexistent without even trying to control it. Not compared to deliberate, experienced action with an MG. But compared to casual shooting with little deliberate effort.

You need less practice with a slidefire than you do with an MG. An MG is better, but slidefire is easier for dummies :)

Just my opinion and experience.

No, an MG is better but is more expensive ;)

The slide fire stock is a bargain considering a registered lightning link or DIAS can fetch over $10,000 all day. Registered receivers from Colt can command upwards of $20K.

No, an MG is better but is more expensive ;)

The slide fire stock is a bargain considering a registered lightning link or DIAS can fetch over $10,000 all day. Registered receivers from Colt can command upwards of $20K.

I have a registered Colt M16, and your prices are a little out of date ;)

I have a registered Colt M16, and your prices are a little out of date ;)

Someone just sold one on Gunbroker, original Colt M16 (not a pre-86 conversion) fetched around $18,000

You gotta shop around, you can still get them for under $20K.

Better yet, get a 07 FFL and buy samples from another FFL liquidating...no demo letter ;)

Someone just sold one on Gunbroker, original Colt M16 (not a pre-86 conversion) fetched around $18,000

Show me the ad.

BTW, just to be clear - You have tried the M16 and the Slidefire side by side, right? Since you are telling me my experience with them is wrong.

Show me the ad.

BTW, just to be clear - You have tried the M16 and the Slidefire side by side, right? Since you are telling me my experience with them is wrong.

Here is a SP1 RR $19K: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=468089529

Another Colt $22,775: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=465940232

Want all-original-GI-Issue? $25K: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=467785228

Told you. SP1 is not a Colt M16. It is a conversion. Still waiting for you to show me that Colt M16s go for $20K and RDIAS (LOL this one would be good) go for $10K.

See?

Your prices are behind the times :)

I don't know why you would argue about a simple comment when you are obviously wrong.