Shocker

Law Tactical folding AR stock

This product isn't new but its new to me, saw it in the current American Rifleman

http://www.lawtactical.com/ar_folding_stock_adapter_gen_3_p/2014003.htm

The curious thing to me is that (assuming the stock was pinned not to telescope) the stock, when unfolded, acts like a normal AR. But when you fold it the rifle becomes single shot (in fact you have to unfold the stock to work the charging handle).

So...

Folded = single shot rifle

Unfolded = fixed stock semi auto rifle

...NJ legal? I guess 2C:39 says you can NOT have a "semi auto rifle" blah blah "with a folding stock", however once the folding is realized the rifle is no longer semi auto!. In other words, for all intents and purposes, you are removing the receiver extension same as if you unscrewed the retaining nut, albeit in a faster manner.

Anyway. That's what I was thinking about to go to sleep last night. Ha.

Is not the Kel-Tec Sub2k legal?

I'm not 100% on this, but I don't think the Sub2K will fire at all when folded.

That is the distinction that makes them OK.

The Law Folding Adapter adapter will still allow the rifle to fire once.

ETA: Also in this state, I don't think Prosecutor's, judges, juries, or most police are gun-savvy enough to make the distinction between semi auto and single shot you are talking about here, or would care to.

I don't know a great deal about the Sub 2k but it doesn't look like a folding stock so much as a folding barrel. Like a 10/22 Takedown with a hinge

I should clarify, though...I didn't think this Law stock was actually legal, I was more wondering how the code would be perverted to preclude it.

the sub k does not have a folding stock.. the entire gun folds.. 

the law adapter is a folding stock as it is just the stock folding

nj law does not state that the gun can or can not fire while the stock is folded.. the law just saying semi auto with a folding stock.. thus IMO the law adapter is not legal in NJ on a semi auto AR15 regardless as to if it can or can not fire while folded.. 

folded gun..

Kel-Tec-Sub2K-40G-1.jpg

folding stock

4.jpg

$230 which allows you to fold the stock, and only fire one shot?  Huge waste of money, even if it was legal.  Besides, when will any of us ever need to transport a rifle in a fashion that requires folding the stock?

i. A semi-automatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least

two of the following:

(1) A folding or telescoping stock;

(2) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

(3) A bayonet mount;

(4) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash

suppressor; and

(5) A grenade launcher;

Cleary it says "or" what if you have a telescoping "and" folding stock.....

If we buy a case that's too small? 

I'm assuming that this is a sarcastic response.  In case it's not, that's what the takedown pins are for.  AR15.com's takedown case is pretty small, and I can fit my AR with an Aimpoint PRO and Surefire flashlight, 4 AR 15/20 mags, 1911, and 2 1911 mags in it.  

This is actually a surprisingly interesting thought. Seems like the spirit of the law would want it to be illegal, but the letter of the law doesn't cover it.

imo

the stock.. which is attached to the buffer tube.. is still folding.. 

:rofl:

While the CDI factor is high, the juice ain't worth the squeeze unless you are working some kind of VIP protection, low profile security, or vehicle ops gig.

If you are, I am sure you will be issued appropriate gear.

Unfortunately my employer only issues us .38s and a few Mossberg 500s with less lethal rounds. Hopefully my team will have a chance to save the life of a dignitary or the Mayor's nephew, so that they will relax the rules for us.

Unfortunately my employer only issues us .38s and a few Mossberg 500s with less lethal rounds. Hopefully my team will have a chance to save the life of a dignitary or the Mayor's nephew, so that they will relax the rules for us.

G45,

You still duct taping plates to your back?

Don't forget to protect the Mayor's nephew's virginity so Todd at SW can get you the gear you need.

:p