Hello, I've been reading about the Utah CCW and I know that it does not allow me to CCW in NJ still but being a NJ resident if I get this, would I be allowed to carry in the states that honor Utah's CCW permit even though my driver license would be NJ and not Utah?

As said above, if the state recognizes *non-resident* permits you're good to go.  30+ states recognize the non-resident Utah CCW (unfortunately PA stopped recognizing it last year...).

The permit also lists your home address so it will match your DL - no problem there.

I got my permit in 2013 but have yet to travel anywhere that it's needed/recognized ;)

You can open carry in PA with no permit at all. Just can't transport it unless you basically follow the same laws as NJ, mostly.

You can open carry in PA with no permit, except in a city of the first class - the only one of which is Philadelphia. You cannot open carry in your vehicle unless you have a permit to carry from any state (whether they have reciprocity with PA or not).

I really wouldn't even propose that you can open carry in PA with no license at all, and then mention an exception ("NJ transport laws," something which does not actually exist anyway).

99.9% of the time you cannot open carry in PA without a license because there is going to be a car or other conveyance involved. You would have to drive straight (more or less) to a range or hunting or etc. in PA to have a handgun legal in your car without a carry permit.

Yes, a carry permit from any state covers a non-resident in a car and you can OC. I suggest you do OC, I've done it for years as have many of my friends. Obviously you are not covered in Philly without LTCF or reciprocal license.

I got my Utah 2 days after PA killed it... I found Delaware is good with it so I been going there. Just went this weekend again. Never a issue and depending what I'm doing I'll even throw in some open carry. Definitely worth it.

Do you know how hard it is for a Delaware resident to get a carry permit? :D

It's a serious PITA, and they even have to pay to publish their intention to get the permit in the notices section of a regional newspaper with broad circulation. Now, I would actually cheer if we got that in Jersey (but I would try to break it down), but it is hilarious that outsiders can get reciprocal permits so easily.

Massachusetts is similar. Generally, people have to apply twice before they will be granted an unrestricted carry permit. Get a restricted one, maybe fight and win, but most have to wait for renewal to succeed on the second permit.

You and me can get an unrestricted Mass permit as non-residents first try :D