High Exposure

New Vortex 1-6 optic

Yep, the VCOG is a pricy beast. It's what I have my eye on for my Colt LE901.

Good quality FFP optics are usually expensive. I have my eye on several FFP variables from Vortex (as a possible alternative to the VCOG), but they aren't much cheaper.

Primary Arms. You have to hunt for this thing. Every Vortex dealer has around 400 back orders for this right now. Vortex usually ships these out 500 at a time. There is alot of people hunting for these right now. Call Vortex every day and ask who is getting them today and then CALL that place and see if they have any left over. Keep about 5 browsers open on your phone all day and refresh them when ever you get a chance, Midway, Primary arms, Optics planet, Amazon, Euro optic, B and H photo. 

I thinbk Midway was showing avalibilty around the 21st.

If you dont find one by the end of the month ill be at the rifle match at OB with mine if anyone wants to check it out.

If you dont find one by the end of the month ill be at the rifle match at OB with mine if anyone wants to check it out.

DEAL. Want to see this optic 1st hand.

Amazon has it right now for 429. a little pricey compared to PA's lister price.. but it is in stock and free 2 day shipping with prime.

http://www.amazon.com/Vortex-Strike-1-6x24-reticle-SE-1624-1/dp/B00S2P2KKS/

Optics planet is showing it in stock too much better price

http://www.opticsplanet.com/vortex-strike-eagle-scope-1-6x24-ar-bdc-reticle.html

Dammit!! I was gonna go to the match but now I'm gonna be in Missouri visitng my brother that week.

Amazon has it right now for 429. a little pricey compared to PA's lister price.. but it is in stock and free 2 day shipping with prime.

http://www.amazon.com/Vortex-Strike-1-6x24-reticle-SE-1624-1/dp/B00S2P2KKS/

Optics planet is showing it in stock too much better price

http://www.opticsplanet.com/vortex-strike-eagle-scope-1-6x24-ar-bdc-reticle.html

$429 is too much when $329 is listed at Brownells and Paul is saying his price will likely be under $320. I can wait.

If your looking at OpticsPlanet you have to click on "check availability" under the price. It says 2-4 months witch is a lie because they got 2 batches already and they are probably getting another one next week. Like I said, call around. I paid $329 and no one should pay any more than that.

Optics planet had the ability to add to cart. Do they do that even if they don't have the item in stock?

They're not bothered by what is in stock and what isn't. I've ordered from them twice. Good prices, but I got my spotting scope in 4 months, my holster in 3 months.

Optics planet had the ability to add to cart. Do they do that even if they don't have the item in stoc

Yes but you will get an email the next day saying it's back ordered with 2-4 month expected ship date.

Yup. I learned that the hard way when I needed a holster for a new duty gun ASAP. They showed it in stock so I ordered it. Took 2 months to arrive. I tried to call and cancel the order about 3 weeks in after I got the gear I needed from another source (ATS Tactical, outstanding online store). They wanted to charge me a $25 re-stocking fee. I couldn't figure out why I had to pay a re-stocking fee for an item that was clearly not stocked by them. They did NOT appreciate my logic.

I kept the order, and still use the holster, but I won't buy from them again.

Yup. I learned that the hard way when I needed a holster for a new duty gun ASAP. They showed it in stock so I ordered it. Took 2 months to arrive. I tried to call and cancel the order about 3 weeks in after I got the gear I needed from another source (ATS Tactical, outstanding online store). They wanted to charge me a $25 re-stocking fee. I couldn't figure out why I had to pay a re-stocking fee for an item that was clearly not stocked by them. They did NOT appreciate my logic.

I kept the order, and still use the holster, but I won't buy from them again.

Thatis horrible business.....you only pay restocking on something you received and sent back ????? Not a back order...They could have had a repeat customer out of you :unsure:

That might actually be against the law, specifically FTC Rule 435 which says that is something is back ordered more then 30 days they are required to contact you and give you the information on how to cancel your order with no penalties. They must also have a reasonable expectation to be able to ship it in 30days of taking the order or let you know.

... FTC Rule 435 which says that is something is back ordered more then 30 days they are required to contact you and give you the information on how to cancel your order with no penalty....

So if the order is cancelled within those 30 days, there is a penalty?

Sent from an undisclosed location.

So if the order is cancelled within those 30 days, there is a penalty?

Sent from an undisclosed location.

Not necessarily, check it out: https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/business-guide-ftcs-mail-internet-or-telephone-order

They way I read it, when you take an order you need to have a reasonable expectation that you can ship it in 30 days or less or you need to make it really clear that you can't

If you can't meet that 30 day window you need to let the customer know as soon as possible, provide a reasonable date were you have grounds to believe you can ship it, AND THE CHOICE TO CANCEL THE ORDER FOR A FULL REFUND, which is I believe were Optics Planet is being out of compliance if they are asking a restocking fee on a item they didn't ship and is backordered.

Heck they are supposed to cancel the order and issue a refund if you simply ignore their notice of delayed shipping for 30 days, or somesuch.

Also you can read that document and conclude that any cancellation before shipping should result into a full refund. I can see that this might be a problem or not apply to custom orders, so if I want my Desert Eagle blinged with crocodile nuts and muskrat pelt grips and you have a delay getting the nuts but you installed the pelt there might be some issues with the full refund.

Not necessarily, check it out: https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/business-guide-ftcs-mail-internet-or-telephone-order

They way I read it, when you take an order you need to have a reasonable expectation that you can ship it in 30 days or less or you need to make it really clear that you can't

If you can't meet that 30 day window you need to let the customer know as soon as possible, provide a reasonable date were you have grounds to believe you can ship it, AND THE CHOICE TO CANCEL THE ORDER FOR A FULL REFUND, which is I believe were Optics Planet is being out of compliance if they are asking a restocking fee on a item they didn't ship and is backordered.

Heck they are supposed to cancel the order and issue a refund if you simply ignore their notice of delayed shipping for 30 days, or somesuch.

Also you can read that document and conclude that any cancellation before shipping should result into a full refund. I can see that this might be a problem or not apply to custom orders, so if I want my Desert Eagle blinged with crocodile nuts and muskrat pelt grips and you have a delay getting the nuts but you installed the pelt there might be some issues with the full refund.

Every credit card processing agreement I've read also states that items purchased must be shipped within 30 days. There have been a couple agreements where the number of days can be adjusted but credit card processors aren't too happy about vendors being slow to ship orders either. This is why I don't take cards for NFA items since I can't guarantee a Form 3 will clear in 30 days or less.

Yep, the VCOG is a pricy beast. It's what I have my eye on for my Colt LE901.

Good quality FFP optics are usually expensive. I have my eye on several FFP variables from Vortex (as a possible alternative to the VCOG), but they aren't much cheaper.

Wish I woulda seen this.  I just sold my VCOG for $1300 the other day.  Woulda rather seen it go to a NJGF'er.