Didn't see this posted yet so....

Christie is right about one thing, he cannot do much to change the 2A laws on his own.  But, it seems, he is sticking it to the liberals every chance he gets when it is within his power.

Gov. Christie grants pardon to pistol-packing Pa. mother Shaneen Allen

Gov. Chris Christie has granted a pardon to Shaneen Allen, the Pennsylvania mother and gun owner who was arrested in October 2013 for carrying a concealed weapon into New Jersey.

Allen, a single mother of two, was stopped by a New Jersey state trooper in Hamilton Township near Atlantic City for performing an unsafe lane change. During the stop, Allen had informed the officer that she was a resident of Pennsylvania and that her home state had issued her a permit to carry a concealed handgun, which she had with her in her car that day.

But New Jersey's strict gun laws require weapons to be stored unloaded and locked in the trunk, and so Allen was charged with unlawful possession of a firearm and spent 40 days in jail before making bail.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/04/gov_christie_grants_pardon_to_pistol-packing_pa_mo.html

Long post written and deleted

I prefer to stay on THIS side of the doors at the Graybar Hotel and not become a Prohibited Person.

Voters in Iowa:

Do not let this act of political theater fool you.

DO NOT VOTE for Christie

All politicians lie, Christie just takes it to another level

A smart political move on there part.  Now she becomes a dead issue without having to change the law.  She was the most dangerous to them. A black working class single mother of little children who made an honest mistake.  Now the rest of us will have to get down on our knees and beg the kings pardon when we do something wrong.  

A smart political move on there part.  Now she becomes a dead issue without having to change the law.  She was the most dangerous to them. A black working class single mother of little children who made an honest mistake.  Now the rest of us will have to get down on our knees and beg the kings pardon when we do something wrong.

That's what happens when we make one case stand out, eventually it will come to a quiet end. I have to wonder how many people face the same charge without us hearing about it. While Shaneen Allen sat in jail, my local paper ran a story about a truck driver from Texas who had just been arrested under similar circumstances. Will Christie pardon him too? How many others are there?

Public outcry change laws? Not in Nj ,never happen. Not gun laws anyway

Then why do you think he did it?

He did it because this crap is taking NJ down. And his career, and the career of any NJ governor. This crap is exploding, and you are missing it.

It would have been a stupid idea for him to not pardon her. As others have said, the issue gets brushed under the rug now. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Her rotting in a jail cell only shines a (more) negative light on New Jersey...

If that's the case, CCW should be coming soon...

You are absolutely right. It's just because he's pro-2A.

Nothing like this has ever happened before. There is a wave happening here.

And instead of acting, you are crying in your beer and telling people that try to help to buzz off.

You know what? You people are not victims of NJ politics. You are straight up losers. Period.

You think this happened overnight?

Rtc2.gif

And I'm through with it.

To quote myself earlier, not sure why, I might as well post it to Bloomberg's face book for all the good it will do.

There was no CC in most states 30 years ago.

This stuff has only been making national news from Jersey for the past few years. Why is that? It's because we have recently come into an age when most people think this stuff is absurd, and Jersey is doing things in both traffic stops and in courts that are gaining national attention.

This is a NEW phenomenon. Please don't dismiss a positive change, a positive development based on frustration from days past.

Heck, when I joined this forum, nobody wanted to carry.

They just wanted flash hiders and 30 round magazines. That was only a few years ago. Times are changing, strike while the iron is hot.

Squander the moment of the rising tide. The pendulum is swinging, and it will swing back. You'll be the only people that miss the boat.

You are absolutely right. It's just because he's pro-2A.

Nothing like this has ever happened before. There is a wave happening here.

And instead of acting, you are crying in your beer and telling people that try to help to buzz off.

You know what? You people are not victims of NJ politics. You are straight up losers. Period.

You think this happened overnight?

Rtc2.gif

And I'm through with it.

To quote myself earlier, not sure why, I might as well post it to Bloomberg's face book for all the good it will do.

Squander the moment of the rising tide. The pendulum is swinging, and it will swing back. You'll be the only people that miss the boat.

Pretty low of you to group all NJ residents as one, many of us want change and just because someone cannot move (job, family, etc.) to a gun friendly state doesn't mean we are giving up.

You can call NJ residents loosers but you are also a looser as you once lived here, making fun of NJ is one thing but calling all NJ gun owners loosers isn't very wise.

Don't force the mods to move this to the sand pit.

It would have been a stupid idea for him to not pardon her. As others have said, the issue gets brushed under the rug now. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Her rotting in a jail cell only shines a (more) negative light on New Jersey...

Smart political move to pardon her, but what about the next unlucky soul? same thing? or will he/she end up in State prison?

Smart political move to pardon her, but what about the next unlucky soul? same thing? or will he/she end up in State prison?

You are absolutely right but Christie is playing the odds with time on his side.  Let's face it he is not concerned with what happens beyond mid 2016 and this path is much easier than most of the others.

Then why do you think he did it?

He did it because this crap is taking NJ down. And his career, and the career of any NJ governor. This crap is exploding, and you are missing it.

He did it to brush the issue aside. Makes Christie look like he did something to right this wrong on a national level. Everytime he does this or the charges are dropped (i.e. retired teacher) it is missed opportunity for us to have the politicians address the bad gun laws. If they make these mistakes "go away", then they never have to address the laws. They would rather sweep one or two people under the rug, than take these type of cases to court and have the draconian gun laws addressed by a higher court.

That's what I asked earlier. Anyone know what happened to Ricky Lee Abercrombie? He was arrested in Springfield on 9/11/14 but I can't find any info other than the article on page 9 of the Springfield Patriot (Sept 2014).

for what it's worth..........a friend/customer of mine is a camden county prosecutor. according to him, pa people carrying over here claiming to think that their ccw from pa is good here, or claiming ignorance to our laws is much more common than one would believe.

for what it's worth..........a friend/customer of mine is a camden county prosecutor. according to him, pa people carrying over here claiming to think that their ccw from pa is good here, or claiming ignorance to our laws is much more common than one would believe.

I completely agree.  My company has offices in NJ and PA, and most of the folk who work in PA and shoot can't believe how the laws work here.  And they all think their CCW from PA is good to go in NJ. 

These are all very well educated people, all Masters or PhD level research scientists by the way.

I completely agree.  My company has offices in NJ and PA, and most of the folk who work in PA and shoot can't believe how the laws work here.  And they all think their CCW from PA is good to go in NJ. 

These are all very well educated people, all Masters or PhD level research scientists by the way.

PA Should educate those obtaining CCW permits that carry is not permitted in NJ

I completely agree. My company has offices in NJ and PA, and most of the folk who work in PA and shoot can't believe how the laws work here. And they all think their CCW from PA is good to go in NJ.

Hmmmm. Merck?

Not to sound harsh. But its not the responsibility of the issueing authority to educate A permit holder on Laws of other states.

It is one of the many things that is required of the holder of the permit.

Tennesee and Utah didnt make me learn the Carry Laws of other States when I got my permits.

Know the law where you are carrying or be prepared to pay the steep price,

Thats not just for NJ its for even the free States as they all have laws weneed to know, when carrying.

it LOOKS like he did the right thing because he actually DID DO the right thing.. 

funny.. as all this unfolded everyone yelled about how christie should do something... now he has done something.. and since he has done something its not good enough.. LOL

it LOOKS like he did the right thing because he actually DID DO the right thing.. 

funny.. as all this unfolded everyone yelled about how christie should do something... now he has done something.. and since he has done something its not good enough.. LOL

This *could* be a small sign that change is coming....

And what he did was logical, he can do more only time will tell....so far this is special-treatment extended to ONE individual