redtornado23

Can i buy and accept a handgun in PA if i live in NJ

If i live in NJ can i drive to PA, buy a handgun, take ownership, and drive back?  I'm pretty sure the answer to this is no, but i want to be sure...

No you cannot.

The long and short is you can buy a pistol in PA, but it has to be shipped to a NJ FFL for you to take possession. Similar to buying a pistol from an online retailer or an individual off Gunbroker.

Feel free to flame away if I'm wrong  :peep:

No you cannot.

The long and short is you can buy a pistol in PA, but it has to be shipped to a NJ FFL for you to take possession. Similar to buying a pistol from an online retailer or an individual off Gunbroker.

Feel free to flame away if I'm wrong  :peep:

You are right, except others have pointed out how you could get around it by getting a lease agreement or similar document made up...

"Permanent residence",so unless you can provide proof you reside in PA nobody will sell you one.

Cite "permanent residence" in an ATF regulation or Federal firearms statute. Why do you keep saying that?

BTW, I said worst to best. Not sure if I want to keep going. Some of you are being dicks :p

Cite "permanent residence" in an ATF regulation or Federal firearms statute. Why do you keep saying that?

BTW, I said worst to best. Not sure if I want to keep going. Some of you are being dicks :p

This was discussed in another thread on here (I'll try and dig up the link) and the answer was "resident" and "reside"...you can't have an empty lot with a mail box (for example) you need to own a house/rent apartment etc. and provide proof to the FFL (lease agreement, tax and utility bills) and the FFL can still refuse to complete the sale.