45Doll

NJ2AS Initiates Sweeney Recall?

When you fail to keep trying, then all will fail. If not for what little has been accomplished, I'm sure we'd be worse off than we are or would be.

This is why I'm helping out with this.  The naysayers is what's the problem with this state.  Colorado showed it can be done and we have to at least try.  Should we vote them out too?  ABSOLUTELY but this egg on his face can ruin his career and stop others in their tracks from trying to ram more BS laws down our throats.  To put all your eggs in the "Just get out and vote" basket, has also put us in the mess we're in.  At least this attempt is another avenue to get where we need to be.

When you fail to keep trying, then all will fail. If not for what little has been accomplished, I'm sure we'd be worse off than we are or would be.

This is why I'm helping out with this.  The naysayers is what's the problem with this state.  Colorado showed it can be done and we have to at least try.  Should we vote them out too?  ABSOLUTELY but this egg on his face can ruin his career and stop others in their tracks from trying to ram more BS laws down our throats.  To put all your eggs in the "Just get out and vote" basket, has also put us in the mess we're in.  At least this attempt is another avenue to get where we need to be.

Well said.

As promised, a good listen on this weeks Gun4hire radio podcast (203).

Details Alexander Roubian's plan, and why this can work,

Explains the timeline for making this happen, understand why the details are coming out slowly....

Most of all, why it's GOT to work....

To put all your eggs in the "Just get out and vote" basket, has also put us in the mess we're in.  

At least this attempt is another avenue to get where we need to be.

What are you talking about? 35% voter participation. We don't even have one damn egg in that basket. 

And exactly where will you "be" after he's recalled, compared to where you'll be if you fail (which is quite likely)? 

Please stop with the negativity. IF this effort fails it's the fault of everyone of you reading this and not pitching in to help. If you haven't already, please go listen to the last episode of GFH Radio and you'll see why all your arguments against this effort are invalid. We really need everyone's help here. Where we (all of us) will "be" if this effort fails is in a far worse place than we are now. So complain about NJ2AR for poking the bear with a stick if you want, but he's coming after all of us now. So we have no choice but to unite against him. If you don't then you choose your fate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Listened to the podcast. My first.

Newtonian, dude, you're a total mess!

I'm in. I'll be at the rally with my wife. It's bigger than 2a, it's about this miserable state of the state we call home.

Awesome! We need more of this^^^

If you want it to work you have to do what unions do. Bus people to the polls

Charter/rent ten busses and drive them through Camden with "Free Pizza and Smokes!" signs. Bring the same people that voted him into office to the rally to demand his head on a plate.

There is some poetic justice in there.

I was on the fence.  No, I was in the "it can't happen" camp - until today.  I listened to the Gun For Hire Radio podcast and I'm now in.

I had a lot of facts wrong.  I had figured out the numbers for myself earlier and I must have misread the law.  They need 34,000 signatures.  They plan on getting 20% extra just to be sure.

they have the names and addresses of 50,000+ registered republicans and unaffiliated voters who lean right.  Every volunteer will be given a list of addresses to knock on doors and ask for a signature.

We won't be knocking on anti-gun owners doors.  We'll be knocking on doors of people who agree with us.  3 years ago (maybe it was only 2) there was the rally in Trenton where more than 1,500 showed up in support of gun rights.  If we can get half of that number to participate, we can do this in 2 Saturdays.

I'm no longer on the fence.  I'm in.   Partly because I now believe it's possible and partly because if we don't make this happen:  there will be hell to pay!   Sweeney is an arrogant bully who will seek revenge on gun owners for daring defy his authority.    The war is on - we had better win.

Remember Colorado.  Not only has no new anti-gun legislation been proposed since their recalls:  a lot of Colorado democrats are joining forces with the republicans to try to repeal the bad laws.

Oh, I'm renewing my NJ2AS membership today.  I had let it laps when I was disgusted with their "leadership issues" but Alexander Roubion is very smart and dedicated. 

I was on the fence.  No, I was in the "it can't happen" camp - until today.  I listened to the Gun For Hire Radio podcast and I'm now in.

I had a lot of facts wrong.  I had figured out the numbers for myself earlier and I must have misread the law.  They need 34,000 signatures.  They plan on getting 20% extra just to be sure.

they have the names and addresses of 50,000+ registered republicans and unaffiliated voters who lean right.  Every volunteer will be given a list of addresses to knock on doors and ask for a signature.

We won't be knocking on anti-gun owners doors.  We'll be knocking on doors of people who agree with us.  3 years ago (maybe it was only 2) there was the rally in Trenton where more than 1,500 showed up in support of gun rights.  If we can get half of that number to participate, we can do this in 2 Saturdays.

I'm no longer on the fence.  I'm in.   Partly because I now believe it's possible and partly because if we don't make this happen:  there will be hell to pay!   Sweeney is an arrogant bully who will seek revenge on gun owners for daring defy his authority.    The war is on - we had better win.

Remember Colorado.  Not only has no new anti-gun legislation been proposed since their recalls:  a lot of Colorado democrats are joining forces with the republicans to try to repeal the bad laws.

Oh, I'm renewing my NJ2AS membership today.  I had let it laps when I was disgusted with their "leadership issues" but Alexander Roubion is very smart and dedicated. 

+1

I listened to the GFH pod cast as well..a lot of good info and this doesn't appear to be some hap hazard thing. They have a plan and are prepared to act on it. Even though I don't live in NJ anymore, I am going to donate money to the cause. I think they have a good shot at pulling this off. It requires people to get involved though and That seems to be a challenge in NJ.

So after they get the 34,000 signatures there's an election right? Someone please post some info on what happens if we get those signatures. If he's recalled how his replacement is appointed/elected.

It's amazing how the NJ2AS has the resources for this, but not for a general get-out-the-vote effort. And you guys think this is worthwhile, but trying to win 5-6-7 seats legitimately during the real election is a waste.

So after they get the 34,000 signatures there's an election right? Someone please post some info on what happens if we get those signatures. If he's recalled how his replacement is appointed/elected.

It's amazing how the NJ2AS has the resources for this, but not for a general get-out-the-vote effort. And you guys think this is worthwhile, but trying to win 5-6-7 seats legitimately during the real election is a waste.

Do you work for Sweeny?

Either lend a hand or get out of the way. If you want to organize a voter drive to target some seats in the legislature then start a thread about it and do it.

Do you work for Sweeny?

Either lend a hand or get out of the way. If you want to organize a voter drive to target some seats in the legislature then start a thread about it and do it.

1. If it works we get rid of one guy and one guy only. We need to get rid of about 12

2. Who replaces him? (why I asked for clarification of "the process" in my last post). We may not even get rid of one bad guy.

3. If it doesn't work he becomes even more vindictive and spiteful

I'm not sure on what the process is for electing the replacement.  You seem convinced that the replacement will be Sweeney version 2.0.  Maybe.

And maybe Sweeney 2.0 won't be as brazen about trampling on the RKBA of NJ residents once they see that we can organize and take political action.

Newtonian, you do realize that NJ2AS had a major change in leadership since last election cycle, right?  I shared some of your doubts about NJ2AS last year, but not any more.  Alexander Roubian is doing a better job at leading in my view and that's why I re-joined.  I suspect NJ2AS will be much more involved in this year's elections.

What if they do *both* things?  The recall *AND* getting out the vote?  Can you conceive of that possibility?

I still don't get why you're so consistently negative on every effort that doesn't align with your particular plans.  Anything that gets NJ gun owners talking to each other and organizing for action is a step forward.

I still don't get why you're so consistently negative on every effort that doesn't align with your particular plans. Anything that gets NJ gun owners talking to each other and organizing for action is a step forward.

He's a plant put here by the antis.... Maybe we should vote him off the island!

I'm not sure on what the process is for electing the replacement.  You seem convinced that the replacement will be Sweeney version 2.0.  Maybe.

And maybe Sweeney 2.0 won't be as brazen about trampling on the RKBA of NJ residents once they see that we can organize and take political action.

Newtonian, you do realize that NJ2AS had a major change in leadership since last election cycle, right?  I shared some of your doubts about NJ2AS last year, but not any more.  Alexander Roubian is doing a better job at leading in my view and that's why I re-joined.  I suspect NJ2AS will be much more involved in this year's elections.

What if they do *both* things?  The recall *AND* getting out the vote?  Can you conceive of that possibility?

I still don't get why you're so consistently negative on every effort that doesn't align with your particular plans.  Anything that gets NJ gun owners talking to each other and organizing for action is a step forward.

First of all this is a forum for expressing ideas and opinions. Some agree with this effort, some don't care, and at least one person thinks it's a bad idea. What is so terrible about that?

If you don't know what occurs after a successful recall (I don't) how can you be so gung-ho for it? Sweeney won by 6,000 votes, something like 55-45%. The likelihood of replacing him with a Republican through a special election is slim. Has NJ2AS thought of that? Have you? Do you recall what happened when Lautenberg died a couple of years ago?

So far nobody has responded to the points I've made about little to gain and a lot to lose. As far as both recalling Sweeney and getting the vote out I see absolutely no activity on the latter initiative whatsoever, and no interest from rank and file gun owners (assuming this forum is representative). 

I'm not sure if he was sincere regarding his desire to reform NJ gun laws, to bring them into the 20th (forget 21st) century, but Chris Christie summed it up perfectly: "Send me a Republican legislature."

Until and unless we work towards that end we will forever wallow in these dead-end shit holes like recalling individual legislators, proving justifiable need for ATM owners, jury nullification, and miracles from courts on high.

First of all this is a forum for expressing ideas and opinions. Some agree with this effort, some don't care, and at least one person thinks it's a bad idea. What is so terrible about that?

If you don't know what occurs after a successful recall (I don't) how can you be so gung-ho for it? Sweeney won by 6,000 votes, something like 55-45%. The likelihood of replacing him with a Republican through a special election is slim. Has NJ2AS thought of that? Have you? Do you recall what happened when Lautenberg died a couple of years ago?

So far nobody has responded to the points I've made about little to gain and a lot to lose. As far as both recalling Sweeney and getting the vote out I see absolutely no activity on the latter initiative whatsoever, and no interest from rank and file gun owners (assuming this forum is representative). 

I'm not sure if he was sincere regarding his desire to reform NJ gun laws, to bring them into the 20th (forget 21st) century, but Chris Christie summed it up perfectly: "Send me a Republican legislature."

Until and unless we work towards that end we will forever wallow in these dead-end shit holes like recalling individual legislators, proving justifiable need for ATM owners, jury nullification, and miracles from courts on high.

Thanks for taking the heat. I agree with you 100%. I am somewhat removed from the situation now that I am up in New Hampshire, but this seems like a waste of resources and will embolden gun grabbers when it fails. Notice I did not say IF it fails. 

OK, so we shouldn't get rid of a gun grabber because we might get another gun grabber. Stop being negative ALL the time and start your own thread with your plan.

So far nobody has responded to the points I've made about little to gain and a lot to lose. As far as both recalling Sweeney and getting the vote out I see absolutely no activity on the latter initiative whatsoever, and no interest from rank and file gun owners (assuming this forum is representative)

Stop being negative ALL the time and start your own thread with your plan.

Oh really? Which dead end did you walk down lately? None. You've done nothing. Nothing but complain and telling every one not to bother fighting.

I don't know if you've noticed, but NJ.com is posting polls about pro-2A issues now. Christie didn't commute sentences and give pardons because he's a nice guy, and the AG didn't make policies about carry for the same reason, they did it because they are feeling the heat.

The landscape is changing, and it's because of what we have done. You can call it failure and dead ends all you want, but the successes will be built on this foundation. Not your complaints.

Thanks for taking the heat. I agree with you 100%. I am somewhat removed from the situation now that I am up in New Hampshire, but this seems like a waste of resources and will embolden gun grabbers when it fails. Notice I did not say IF it fails. 

What wasted resources? You and Newtonian are going to waste a weekend collecting signatures? And then say, "Wow, I really could have been doing something more valuable with my weekend to further 2A in NJ." Yeah, OK.

Start a thread with how you think these resources should be used.

Embolden them? Look around the country. Gun banners are being punished. New Jersey is under attack from dozens of state AGs and Governors. And you are telling me that a failed attempt to fight back will embolden them, but everybody hiding under a rock and doing nothing will have them shaking in their boots?

Gun banners are not afraid of failure. Dems are not afraid of failure. They just keep pushing. And they know it will make some people think twice. And that's what we are going to do. We are going to keep pushing. And whether we fail or succeed, people are going to START thinking twice.

That's exactly the point. Even if it succeeds it fails. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

The situation has been so bad for so long in NJ that people are grasping at straws. Our "official" pro-2A organizations are, in my opinion, in a shambles. They operate within a philosophic black hole. If that ATM guy gets his permit they'll strut like turkeys in heat for the next ten years when in effect they'll have accomplished nothing. 

We often walk from Columbia, NJ to Portland, PA across a foot bridge. Here we are in the United States of America, and we've reached the point where actions with no legal consequence on one side of that 500 foot bridge get you 5 to 10 on the other side. I think that some of our more reasonable democrat legislators, perhaps even Sweeney, could be convinced of how wrong that is. But the way to do it is not to drive down to Trenton and yell and scream at them about Jesus and James (Madison, not the apostle). 

Let's face it. NJ is a true-blue state and thanks to evolving demographics will always be one. We have to live with that reality, or change it by electing Republicans. 

Congratulations for moving to the beautiful state of New Hampshire. I lived in Durham and Dover for a total of two years and would gladly move back. But wifey says it's too cold. Baaah!

Start a thread with how you think these resources should be used.

I've done that at least 20 times in these forums: Apply the same energy and purpose currently wasted on one-off efforts to a state-wide election strategy. I've demonstrated several times how this could be done by targeting vulnerable districts, some of which we lost by a couple of hundred votes. I've done all the research and the math. I even suggested a strategy for enlisting FFLs which would minimize the $$ and manpower required. 

I've contributed money to the biggie pro-2A groups, nationally and state-wide. I write all these pols whenever an issue comes up, and even when they don't. I volunteered to be recording secretary for "apply to be denied" but the meeting time was moved to accommodate Don Quixote and Sancho's rodeo. And I post here, which I hope occasionally raises some interesting points on a subject I've thought and read quite a bit about.

Why should I participate or endorse efforts that are so totally off target and doomed, if not to failure, to disappointment? And why, as a paying member of this forum, should I be inhibited from expressing opinions that are not mainstream?