Eric.

Tier One Defense: I found a good gunsmith

I was looking for an experienced local gunsmithy to work on my custom 700 action and have my barrel chambered, threaded and headspaced.  Long story, short, Google brought me to the NJ Gun forum and I started reading posts by Tier One Defense.  After reading his posts, looking at pics of their work and stalking his Facebook page, I decided to give him a shot.  They didn't disappoint!

In addition to being an experienced gunsmith, Mike is also an avid precision rifle guy and tactical instructor.  He knows a good deal about precision bolt guns and AR's.  I'm sure they work on other stuff, but precision rifles are their specialty.  My work came out 100% on the money.  Nice clean, tight work.

Lastly, I've dealt with custom makers in my other hobby(Pool).  Custom makers of anything can be, umm, bad business men.  Poor communication, unrealistic quoted deadlines, etc.  I can say that Mike/Tier One was great with communication and deadlines too.  If you text, call, email them, they get back to you!  Hallelujah.  I'll be a repeat customer.

Tier One, Mountainside, NJ

http://www.tieronedefense.com/

A pic and write up of the rifle is here:

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/76178-65-creedmoor-build-just-done/?p=965197

Eric

I'll have to give a shout out to Mike and Kevin. Both of them are great guys to work with. They were patient in holding my handgun for me while I was waiting for me and they did a beautiful cerakote job on my saiga.

They are my go to guys for gunsmithing and transfers. They are the best!