Budasac

I figured I should officially introduce myself

I was referred to NJGF by a member in another gun forum I frequent and have been posting here for the past week or so. I figured I should take a minute to officially introduce myself.

My name is Joe, I live in Woodbridge, and I typically shoot once or twice a week.

I have always had a lingering interest in guns but never actually got around to taking the steps to acquire one until a few years ago. I had the application for my FID on my desk for about 3 years but didn't actually apply until a good friend of mine went for his and lit a fire under me. I finally bought my first gun 19 months ago. When I took it to the range it was the first time I had ever fired a gun. (I'm 41 years old)

So.......when I get interested in a topic or involved in a new hobby I tend to fully immerse myself. Firearms were no different. In 19 months I've purchased 15 guns, joined a club, started reloading, and have been shooting in a Bullseye league for the past 2 winters. (Finished 4th this winter). I'm also very mechanically inclined and like to work on my own guns.

I've met a lot of great people involved with the sport and learned quite a bit in the short time I've been shooting. I help a friend who is an instructor teach safety classes and have been debating getting a NRA instructors certification myself.

I mostly shoot pistols but recently became interested in rifles and shotguns. I enjoy working on and building things and picked up a beat up Mosin as a donor for a target rifle project. I also found a neglected coach gun that I repaired and refinished. When I was snowed in and had some spare time I built a few range boxes as well.

Some of my pistols and projects-

IMG_20150409_190612857.jpg

IMG_20141102_071527_285.jpg

IMG_20150109_101844249_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150214_085112641.jpg

IMG_20150314_082529329.jpg

IMG_20150305_183633960.jpg

IMG_20150308_202116148.jpg

IMG_20150226_164809545.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Joe

Wow, and I thought I was an immersion type guy. You've come amazingly far in a short period of time. Glad that you're enjoying yourself. So when are you going to give action pistol a whirl?

Welcome to the forum.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I look forward to learning, contributing, and getting to know everyone.

Wow, and I thought I was an immersion type guy. You've come amazingly far in a short period of time. Glad that you're enjoying yourself. So when are you going to give action pistol a whirl?Welcome to the forum.Adios,Pizza Bob
Not sure, haven't had the opportunity yet but I'm definitely interested. I was a college wrestler so I tend to be very competitive. Bullseye matches are convenient for me since my club hosts them and is only 15 minutes away. I need to start going to other ranges and trying new things. Bowling pin shooting seems like it would be right up my alley. ;)

:hi:No wheelguns yet?
I have more guns then what I posted but only one wheel gun. I mostly shoot my Ruger MKIII Competition and a Kimber Custom Target II since I use those for competition.The revolver is a '76 Colt Detective Special. It was unfired when I picked it up but, of course, I had to pop it's cherry. It only has a box through it though. I have another permit that expires in a week and I'll probably pick up another revolver. Something more suited to target shooting. (If anyone has something for sale feel free to let me know.)IMG_20141207_161520_033.jpg

Welcome to the forum, great taste in 1911's. I dig the M91/30 archangel conversion too. I did one myself with a carbine.

Thanks, I enjoyed building it. I pretty much did it for the experience as it was my first major project. I did everything myself. Drilled and tapped for the rail, made the bolt handle, threaded the barrel for the brake, and Duracoated it.

Here are a few more pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice :nyam:

Thanks.

So, I had a permit that was about to expire in a few days and every intention of buying a revolver. I found a nice single six I was looking at and also a Super Blackhawk. I couldn't decide which one to get so instead I came home with this tonight:

IMG_20150416_221713863.jpg

I'm just a sucker for 1911s. It's a Kimber TLE/RL.

I thought my Classic Target needed company.

IMG_20150416_221851280.jpg