Sign in to follow this  
checko

Want to buy an m249?

Now you can without a tax stamp.

Didn't see this posted. I assume it's nj legal sans the flash suppressor. I'm not sure of the belt fed mode either, I know there were opinions it may ok.

Anyway, would you get one?

http://www.fnhusa.com/l/products/collector-series/m249s/

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I always had a thing for the Squad Automatic Weapon. Except this one cannot adorne that acronym SAW. It will have to be called CSW (civilian semiautomatic weapon).

But for a little more money when I move to free America in the very near future I can buy an AC556 with a tax stamp.

I always had a thing for the Squad Automatic Weapon. Except this one cannot adorne that acronym SAW. It will have to be called CSW (civilian semiautomatic weapon). 

Semi Automatic Weapon.   If you're paying that much for one, call it a SAW.

You find an AR-15 with a bipod and a BETA mag more effective in anything you want to do with it. "But I can change barrels" You can change AR uppers cheaper.

Good M249 barrels can be had for $125ish on Gunbroker.  Last October, I bought 20 of the "long" barrels for $95ea at Knob Creek and all looked to be hardly used.  There's a shocking amount of surplus parts floating around for the Mk46/M249 platform.

Complete? Did not expect that. Doesn't change anything :) A semi AR on a bipod is better and cheaper than a semi M249 at everything.

Mine are minus the plastic heatshield as those start melting after a single 200 round belt.  And I agree 10000% on a semi-auto AR being better and cheaper than a semi-auto M249.

The expected MSRP will be between $7,000-$7,500 for the standard production models - See more at: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/04/10/fnh-usa-release-semi-auto-version-m249-public/#sthash.diaOqK8P.dpuf

Would still be a lot cheaper than buying an M240

http://www.ohioordnanceworks.com/rifles/semi-auto/oow-line/m240-slr-270

I thought OOW also made a a semi M249, but I don't see it listed. They used to have an semi M60 for around the same price as a M240