lunker

Nice article on choosing a choke - surprising

This article visually demonstrates the performance of different chokes at different distances. Looks like Modified is the clear winner with Improved Cylinder as the runner up. I think I will still use a skeet and IC choke at Lehigh Valley and 5-Stand at my local range since so many of the targets are right in front of you. 

http://www.shootingtimes.com/long-guns/longgun_reviews_st_headintheclouds_201002/

You picked a great model. That Beretta is the best fitting and softest shooting autoloader I have ever shot. If I hadn't gone with an over/under, It would've been a no-brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What im leaning about chokes and clays is that it means the difference between chipping birds and vaporizing birds. At first i was happy to "just hit" the target. Then i put in a tighter choke and I was vaporizing more often, but alas wiffinf more too. So what that meant was my choke is offsetting my poor skills.

So now I'm shooting more with tighter chokes for the sole reason to work on my skill more.

Chokes can be the worst enemy ever to A clay sport shooter.

I have shot competition Sporting Clays since 1984. All over the East Coast and more,

Theses days I shoot Sporting Clays twice A week, trap and 5 stand once A week.

I will shoot A stray sporting clays tourney once in A while (Getting old)

I own to o/u sporting guns and 4 choke tubes all 4 are Improved Cylinder.

Back in the day I would change chokes so much in 100 clay course that guys would say, your going to run the threads right out of those barrels.

Shot 3 rds of trap the other day with IC tubes. hit 23 of 25 each rd.

Keep it simple.   Step in the box, call for the bird, see the bird, shoot the bird.  Repeat till its just natural.

You dont need 6 diff chokes, or even 3 different guns in A Golf cart like you see so much now.