Camilo22

Hello from Linden

Hi All,

I recent got my FID and 2 - P2P. I am fairly new to Linden, originally from New York. It took about 100 days total to get permits in hand. Just picked myself up a Glock 19 and I'm debating on my second purchase, between a revolver and a .45. I am also interested in obtaining an AR rifle. Not sure exactly what will be my next purchase.

Being new to Linden can anyone suggest a good range that's local. I would also like to have a go to gun shop. I have experience with firearms in general but my first purchase experience wasn't great.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Welcome, I live right next to Linden, as for ranges you have Bullet Hole in Belleville I've only been there once, it was fine but kind of small. The other two ranges I went to were in PA in Easton. Heritage Guild's range I went to once and it was great (you can even rent fully automatic weapons there), and the range I am a member of, Easton Fish and Game, which is a great range I go to every couple of months. Gun shops, well I like Heritage Guild in Rahway and Bullseye in Woodbridge. I also went to Federal Firearms in Delaware. Great for Long Gun purchases, no tax and the owner is great. I bought my Glock two years ago at East Brunswhick Sportsman which has since reopened as something else but I forgot the name.

Welcome, Neighbor.  If you're looking for a private range, there's Lake Island in Carteret and OBRPC in Old Bridge.  I'm a member at SCFGPA in Bridgewater.  Go see Steve at Monmouth Arms - he gets a good stock in for ARs and handguns, and can order pretty much anything you want.

Did it really take that long to get your FID in Linden?  I'm keeping mine at my other residence in New Brunswick for the time being, but I will probably want to change it soon.  What was the hold up?

Welcome, I live right next to Linden, as for ranges you have Bullet Hole in Belleville I've only been there once, it was fine but kind of small. The other two ranges I went to were in PA in Easton. Heritage Guild's range I went to once and it was great (you can even rent fully automatic weapons there), and the range I am a member of, Easton Fish and Game, which is a great range I go to every couple of months. Gun shops, well I like Heritage Guild in Rahway and Bullseye in Woodbridge. I also went to Federal Firearms in Delaware. Great for Long Gun purchases, no tax and the owner is great. I bought my Glock two years ago at East Brunswhick Sportsman which has since reopened as something else but I forgot the name.

Thanks for all the info! I will be checking into them.

Welcome, Neighbor. If you're looking for a private range, there's Lake Island in Carteret and OBRPC in Old Bridge. I'm a member at SCFGPA in Bridgewater. Go see Steve at Monmouth Arms - he gets a good stock in for ARs and handguns, and can order pretty much anything you want.

Did it really take that long to get your FID in Linden? I'm keeping mine at my other residence in New Brunswick for the time being, but I will probably want to change it soon. What was the hold up?

Exactly 100 days, no joke. The reason I was given is due to the "number of applications" they are processing. I was given that excuse when I initially submitted my application. Now I'm regretting only applying for 2 permits.

Welcome. I'm right down the road in Colonia. The closest gun shop is going to be Heritage on Rt. 27 in Rahway. Their prices tend to be little high but not too bad. They have some decent salesman there. Some are better then others. I personally don't like Bullseye Tactical in Woodbridge. Nearest range would probably be Lake Island in Carteret. It's a private club and has it's limitations but it's convenient and relatively cheap. It's basically a pistol range only(.22 rifles are allowed though). When I want to shoot rifles I head out to Easton Fish and Game.

Welcome. I'm right down the road in Colonia. The closest gun shop is going to be Heritage on Rt. 27 in Rahway. Their prices tend to be little high but not too bad. They have some decent salesman there. Some are better then others. I personally don't like Bullseye Tactical in Woodbridge. Nearest range would probably be Lake Island in Carteret. It's a private club and has it's limitations but it's convenient and relatively cheap. It's basically a pistol range only(.22 rifles are allowed though). When I want to shoot rifles I head out to Easton Fish and Game.

I agree with you about Bullseye, made my first purchase there and I wasn't thrilled with the experience.

I agree with you about Bullseye, made my first purchase there and I wasn't thrilled with the experience.

Not to jack the OPs thread but, I went into Bullseye twice with permit and cash in hand and ended up walking out without buying anything. After going once more with a friend to buy a comp for his AR I swore I would never go back again. Horrible customer service. I really wanted to like the place too since it's right down the road.