Kaiser7

Apparently Korean M1s will now be imported (breaking news maybe)

Happened to see this article, but it just popped up about 3 hours ago, so I haven't seen any verification or anything else. BUT, we can all dream and wish, so whatever. Figured I'd share in case anyone is interested, or knows a little more (like if this article is BS).

http://www.warhistoryonline.com/war-articles/u-s-to-import-87310-m1-garand-rifles-from-korea.html

I wouldn't mind picking up a beater to shoot for a few hundred bucks.  As long as it cycles reasonably(not looking for flawless), I'd be happy.

I'd heard they're actually largely in great shape. Since I posted this though, the guy who runs a site specializing in selling milsurp at cheap prices (www.themosincrate.com) told me that he thinks this is bogus, due to one of Obama's EOs banning the import of these rifles. He said it's one of the few rumors that's actually true. I want to believe, but I'd trust him on this since he typically tells people to avoid overpaying on Mosins since all of the stuff regarding them being blocked from import is largely scare tactics.

Well, you can bet if her heinous gets elected, they may as well run over those guns with a bulldozer, they'll get more out of them that way.

I'd be curious to know exactly how many crimes have been committed with a M1 Garand.  It's got to be solidly in the single digits.

87,000 at $220 each. They'll be gone in hours.  I would not hope for to much at that price!  Let's see if the grand turd let's them in or double downs at the last moment.

The article says "as low as $220". I would expect a Garand at that price will have a tomato stake barrel, stock good only for firewood, and maybe a usable receiver.

Update 27-4-2015, this appears to be a story from 2012 and the import has been blocked by the Obama administration. Sorry folks!

Well, we can dream. Right?

Under $300 for M1's? I'll sell everything I have and get a couple dozen to fondle..but no, the fearless leader blocked it :(