Sign in to follow this  
tuktuk

non surplus 7.62x54R ammo

I know you asked for non surplus but what is wrong with 1980 and up surplus! I just bought a 440 rd spam can made in 81 at Surplus City for $105!

It's just as good and will go bang just as well as any Silver Bear!  Just run some Windex down the barrel to circumvent the corrosive Berdan primers!

Are you near Lumberton? (Cherry Hill area). This was just listed today:

http://www.armslist.com/posts/4289697/nj-ammo-for-sale--7-62x54r-mosin-nagant-ammunition

Not far at all! But @ 50 cents a round (120 rounds for $60) I will take the 23 cents a round surplus all day and twice on Sundays!  Thanks though!

Not far at all! But @ 50 cents a round (120 rounds for $60) I will take the 23 cents a round surplus all day and twice on Sundays! Thanks though!

Your never gonna get noncorrosive for the same price as surplus.

I am new to the Mosins. I have 2 m44s 1 Polish 1955 unfired and unissued in the box that I don't want to ruin by shooting.

I also bought a Russian made m44 all matching #s in great condition for shooting. I just bought a spam can for $105 for 440 rounds of Russian ammo made in 1981.

Would someone with more experience with Mosins please tell me why this is a bad deal if I clean my gun properly after each use as I always do anyway!  Thanks, I look forward to learning new things!

I have never even fired a Mosin yet!

I just bought a spam can for $105 for 440 rounds of Russian ammo made in 1981.

Would someone with more experience with Mosins please tell me why this is a bad deal if I clean my gun properly after each use as I always do anyway!  Thanks, I look forward to learning new things!

It is only a bad deal because the prices on x54r keep steadily rising. I paid $130+$30 shipping for a crate (two cans) two years ago.

Corrosive can be annoying. It is a good practice to clean it within 24 hours, and you may not always have the time. However, the price outweights the annoyance and you get an awesome can.

Then again, I'm so cheap that I pick bullets out of the backstop for casting.

lol yep I saw that deal too but it didn't look too attractive to me :)

there is absolutely nothing wrong with surplus ammo . My reason for wanting to buy non surplus is simple and maybe a lil weird :)

I actually have plenty of 7.62x54 ammo in spam cans. The problem that I have only real Russian sniper grade ammo left and they all unopened ... and I don't want to open them :)

so I figured I will buy couple of hundred rnds of non surplus cause they are easier packaged ...

does it make sense to u guys ?

I am new to the Mosins. I have 2 m44s 1 Polish 1955 unfired and unissued in the box that I don't want to ruin by shooting.

I also bought a Russian made m44 all matching #s in great condition for shooting. I just bought a spam can for $105 for 440 rounds of Russian ammo made in 1981.

You won't ruin any of them by shooting surplus ammo. The easiest way to go about it is to buy a spritz bottle and fill it with water. Then go shooting and just before you pack everything up to leave, take the spray bottle and spray down the bolt, in the magazine, and down the barrel. That will flush most of the corrosive salts out. Then when you get home or even a day or two after strip the gun(s), bathe everything in hot soapy water, and clean and lube normally and your good to go.

It sounds like a lot of steps but it's very simple and worth the price difference between steel case.