Bushmaster1313

What happens if currently owned black rifles are reclassified as NJ assault weapons

i wonder if they're gonna hire divers to check all the rivers after all the unfortunate canoeing accidents.

I only wish I could remember where I had my unfortunate accident(s). Those tannic streams winding through the pine barrens all look alike to me. It could have been anywhere.

I am pretty sure that NJ has never grandfathered anything when it comes to gun legislation. They would most likely give you an option to sell out of state within a given time period, or possibly render the gun incapable of firing and registering it with the State Police like other anti-gun states. CT comes to mind after Newtown happened.

Connecticut did indeed have a did have a grandfather period in which people could register their scary, black rifles and large (standard) capacity magazines.  

This one might be my favorite... even with so many to choose from....

Requires psychological evaluation and in-home inspection as prerequisite to purchase firearm.

The UK requires in home inspection before issuing a firearms license licence .

http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/shooting/start-shooting/how-to-get-shotgun-certificate-licence-32358

"What’s the next step of my shotgun certificate application?

If your application passes the first stage, you will get a visit from a police officer at your home. They will talk to you about your shotgun certificate application and the proposed safety arrangements you have made. It’s good practice to buy a gun cabinet and make sure it complies with safety regulations as this will speed up your application.

If you are asked why you wish to own a shotgun, all you need say is you wish to take part in shooting sports.

If the police officer is satisfied, they will report this to the Chief Office of Police and your shotgun licence will be granted.

If your security was installed and the officer inspected it on his visit, the certificate can be posted to you. If your security has not been installed, your licence will be hand delivered by a Police Officer who will hand you your certificate once he is satisfied your security has been installed correctly."

What's your plan? b6c1968315f2f73e6216535c7463db64.jpg

???????????????

None of us have the balls to do anything remotely resembling this.  We'll do what we usually do, sell the guns, move them/ourselves out of state, or hide them and live with that.

None of us have the balls to do anything remotely resembling this. We'll do what we usually do, sell the guns, move them/ourselves out of state, or hide them and live with that.

I agree. I was just curious as to what Intercooler's master plan was? My response to him was completely sarcastic.

None of us have the balls to do anything remotely resembling this. We'll do what we usually do, sell the guns, move them/ourselves out of state, or hide them and live with that.

You pretty much covered the options. Though "usually" means a grand total of once .... if I remember correctly. Going Rambo on the establishment would be dumb. End badly indeed.....

But, you can see why the leftist are nervous about citizens being heavily armed. 1500 teenagers with rocks were too much to handle. Not that we'd ever do it....we're not thugs....we wouldn't do it.....but 50,000 or 100,000 pissed off people with firearms would be a serious problem. It's pretty funny that might be what's on their minds.

Lol... Nice Rambo pic

Most people will continue to leave NJ, and before you know it you will not be able to tell our state from Kalifornia.

I think that this hits it on the head more than anything.. unfortunately when I lived in NJ there were very few individuals that I knew that really cared much about actual gun rights.. and the ones I knew were mostly on this board.. the majority of people that were into guns that I met in real life fit the following mold.. "we like guns.. and enjoy hunting on shooting shotguns at the range" ask those people about your average evil assault rifle and they didn't see much point.. nor cared about your input.. ask them about the right to carry a gun.. and they were not really sure why you would ever want to do that.. so unfortunately... this site.. and its 5,000 or so members represents a tiny fraction of the actual state population.. the minority.. and policy is normally made as a means to gain popularity.. an effort to satisfy the masses.. so you already start off at a huge disadvantage.. and as people get fed up over gun laws.. or any other policy for that matter and leave the numbers continue to drop... it is simply not a critical issue there and (unfortunately) will likely never be.. so if you do the math your best case scenario is no new laws.. I struggle to see us gaining any ground I really do.. 

there can really not be any speculation on grandfathering.. they could pass laws that ban future sales of certain guns.. or outright ban ownership.. no way to tell till it happens (if it happens).. 

My God what a pussy. If there is anyone in the state that deserves to get screwed its cowards like you. Why don't you just shut the fuck up or do something to help.

Please go f*** yourself. There are a lot of us that think the recall is idiotic and can only lead to worse outcomes. It has nothing to do with cowering. It has to do with our side playing checkers while the other side plays chess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that this hits it on the head more than anything.. unfortunately when I lived in NJ there were very few individuals that I knew that really cared much about actual gun rights.. and the ones I knew were mostly on this board.. the majority of people that were into guns that I met in real life fit the following mold.. "we like guns.. and enjoy hunting on shooting shotguns at the range" ask those people about your average evil assault rifle and they didn't see much point.. nor cared about your input.. ask them about the right to carry a gun.. and they were not really sure why you would ever want to do that.. so unfortunately... this site.. and its 5,000 or so members represents a tiny fraction of the actual state population.. the minority.. and policy is normally made as a means to gain popularity.. an effort to satisfy the masses.. so you already start off at a huge disadvantage.. and as people get fed up over gun laws.. or any other policy for that matter and leave the numbers continue to drop... it is simply not a critical issue there and (unfortunately) will likely never be.. so if you do the math your best case scenario is no new laws.. I struggle to see us gaining any ground I really do.. 

there can really not be any speculation on grandfathering.. they could pass laws that ban future sales of certain guns.. or outright ban ownership.. no way to tell till it happens (if it happens).. 

Unfortunately, it's not just gun owners moving out, it's everyone.  PA can end up just like NJ if it keeps up.  Heck, Brian Miller set his sights out there with his Heeding God's Call bullshit now that he's pretty much done with NJ.

Unfortunately, it's not just gun owners moving out, it's everyone.  PA can end up just like NJ if it keeps up.  Heck, Brian Miller set his sights out there with his Heeding God's Call bullshit now that he's pretty much done with NJ.

2014 saw the largest number of millionaires leave NJ in our state's history. 

and as everyone continues to leave, the disease will follow, and spread.

This is true. New Hampshire has gone from Red state to Retarded in the last few years. Blame goes to Mass residents who move here to flee their sinking ship but keep voting for the type of fools who helped wreck their home state. Liberals are like locusts. Feed until an empty husk remains, move on, repeat.

This is an interesting thread.   Regardless of whether or not it was prudent to poke that liberal schmuck with a stick, the die has been cast.  And, now we gun owners BETTER follow through and work toward the recall.  I for one don't think it would have mattered if he had been left alone.  He showed his colors and agenda.  The continued attacks on freedom and private property would have continued, anyway.  In one way, it is about time that NJ citizens start to go on the offensive against these schumerheads that continued to show little regard and take away our rights.  And, it would be better for those power grabbers to try something big, instead of all the constant little things they do to harass good people minding their own business.  The fudds need their worlds rocked.  And, it is better to elicit his spite while the RINO is in place, as great horny toad might do the right thing if he believes it is politically expedient.  We need the courage and fortitude to follow through.  Hopefully this has been well thought out and the American citizens in this state will stand up for what is right and participate. 

As far as leaving NJ, the battle ground is everywhere.  The liberal progressives and limousine and international interest money is everywhere.  There won't be any safe havens in these United States.  The people need to stand strong on their beliefs, principles, and protect freedom as each of our generations before  have and as each of the newer generations will do.  These battle-ground slave states are where its at.  Those power-hungry and with an agenda need to be put in check. Instead of wondering if we will be able to continue to have 15-round magazines.  Demand 30 rounders.  Demand silencers.  Support local police departments that support gun rights.  This might be a valuable angle as the Left continues its erosion and increasing control of local police departments.   We could put together a group like Fathers Demand Black Rifles, or just support NJ2AS. 

It's about time we are taking action.  We need to do have other strategic, peaceful, yet offensive actions in the works as well.  I think we should reclassify our politicians, instead.

Imagine if we could get every old bastard like me to stand up to these liberal (don't me say it).  Politicians hate to mess with the elderly, they vote.  You need the fudds to win this. Don't know if that is possible without politicians stepping on their shotgun toes.

Imagine if we could get every old bastard like me to stand up to these liberal (don't me say it).  Politicians hate to mess with the elderly, they vote.  You need the fudds to win this. Don't know if that is possible without politicians stepping on their shotgun toes.

Maybe if the NRA would put some of the money we are forced to pay to join ranges that require a mandatory NRA membership around here to good use, like mailing a call to action to every senior living in all of the age restricted communities, and there are a lot of them, something would get done.  Historically the NRA has done jack s*** for NJ, it makes one wonder why we have to pay the membership fees.

Maybe if the NRA would put some of the money we are forced to pay to join ranges that require a mandatory NRA membership around here to good use, like mailing a call to action to every senior living in all of the age restricted communities, and there are a lot of them, something would get done. Historically the NRA has done jack s*** for NJ, it makes one wonder why we have to pay the membership fees.

That would be a waste of their/our money, and I am glad they realize it. New Jersey is the black hole of Calcutta with regard to gun rights. It would simply be throwing good money away. The only hope of relief for gun owners in New Jersey will come from the Federal level, whether from the Supreme Court or a Republican Congress and Senate. I want the NRA to spend their money wisely.

they would have to allow you to register them...but would you?

get ready...it's coming. Especially with the morons doing a recall on the senate president

Cause you're doing what to fight against jersey's crooked politicians??

NRA's "America's 1st Freedom", May 2015, page 56:

"In the past few years, New Jersey's Draconian gun laws have led to a number of outrageous legal abuses...

... Garden State gun owners deserve a wholesale change of the state's onerous gun control regime."

Any help please, NRA-ILA???