Howard

P2P permits, faster than a speeding bullet.

Well maybe not that fast, but I have to say hats off to Randolph NJ.  One of my references took a week to get my papers back in, yet from the day I applied till I just got the permits was exactly two weeks.  SMILE :)

Same here in Lincoln Park, submitted 4/16, picked up 2 weeks later on the 30th...the online mental health is great, my PD had it the next day.

Don't ya mean online Nics?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You guys are so lucky.  I'm hoping the town I just moved to is quick with change of address and permits

Howard, what's your next purchase?

Bought the new Glock 43, might try to pick it up before the USPSA match at Shongum tomorrow morning.

I got the other one they had, about 11am this morning. Unless, they sold you mine....

I think you are safe, I bought mine two weeks ago and then put in for the permit.  Now it is I that has to hope they did not sell you mine ;)

Was it already in stock? RTSP told me this week that I could neither buy nor reserve a blue label Glock that was on order-it had to hit the showroom first before I could do anything

Was it already in stock? RTSP told me this week that I could neither buy nor reserve a blue label Glock that was on order-it had to hit the showroom first before I could do anything

They had two hit the floor two weeks ago and that is when I grabbed mine.  They are quite good about giving everyone a fair chance at getting stuff.

Well maybe not that fast, but I have to say hats off to Randolph NJ.  One of my references took a week to get my papers back in, yet from the day I applied till I just got the permits was exactly two weeks.  SMILE :)

We moved out of Randolph in 1994 to Sussex County. The Randoplh permits were just as fast then. That almost justified paying the exorbitant property taxes in that town.

No such luck with the NJSP up here.

We moved out of Randolph in 1994 to Sussex County. The Randoplh permits were just as fast then. That almost justified paying the exorbitant property taxes in that town.

No such luck with the NJSP up here.

Sgt. Hollar, NJSP Augusta is great to deal with.  Went out of his way to work with my schedule, and called both my references the day after I dropped off my application.  He was quite sympathetic to our plight here, and he seemed to me to be a gun-guy.  Many of the local shops here had nothing but good things to say about him as well.  I was told that I would see my permits in a few months, and I received them just shy of five weeks.  I'm afraid that because of his efficiency he'll be transferred to Cape May.

And so far, I've bought the following:

CZ 75 B

S&W 586 4"

Para Ordinance Expert 14.45

two permits to go, I think they will be used for:

Sig Sauer P320

S&W Shield 9mm

Just wanted to add that a friend of mine told me that Randolph has been gun friendly for as long as he can remember.

Sgt. Hollar, NJSP Augusta is great to deal with.  

I agree completely. Nevertheless the last batch I applied for in December 2014 took 10 weeks. And I know the delay wasn't because of him.

In the last four years I've never seen permits in 5 weeks out of the NJSP.

Don't ya mean online Nics?

The new(ish) mental background check that normally went to SP(the $18 form thing) is now submitted online($20) by the individual. Add your local PD's ID # and they get sent the results electronically...so now the only hold up really is in the references. Not sure how new this is, my previous request for permits last year this wasn't in place.

The new(ish) mental background check that normally went to SP(the $18 form thing) is now submitted online($20) by the individual. Add your local PD's ID # and they get sent the results electronically...so now the only hold up really is in the references. Not sure how new this is, my previous request for permits last year this wasn't in place.

Unless that is something new, that's not Mental Health. That is the online Criminal History Check which use to be $18 via paper app. and is now $20 via online which PD gets in 24 hrs of your online submittal...

They started it late last year and PDs had to around March of this year to eliminate the forms. Rest of the process is still the same.

Unless that is something new, that's not Mental Health. That is the online Criminal History Check which use to be $18 via paper app. and is now $20 via online which PD gets in 24 hrs of your online submittal...

They started it late last year and PDs had to around March of this year to eliminate the forms. Rest of the process is still the same.

Gotchya, yea, that lol. 

My town is currently pulling some shenanigans.

Called on 4/27- woman in the records bureau said it was approved and mailed out on 4/24. She said I would be getting it any day.

I asked "don't I have to come down and sign it in front of you?" - she said, just sign it when you get it.....

So..... I was expecting the permit by 4/29, nothing.... Called back on 4/30..... Said I never got it, was told give it a few more days....

2 more days, still nothing......

Guess I will have to call again tomorrow to see what there response is.... Typically they are decent at getting them to me in a decent amount of times.

Your are correct, your signature is supposed to be witnessed by them at the time of receipt.  It clearly states on the form: "Signed in the presence of issuing authority".

Your are correct, your signature is supposed to be witnessed by them at the time of receipt.  It clearly states on the form: "Signed in the presence of issuing authority".

I know, they seem to making up their own rules are they go.

My real concern is that it might have been lost in the mail. I am sure they just don't reissue me another permit, likely would have to start the whole process over again. I just wanna pick up my pistol from my FFL!

Regarding this thread, I think you should hold your praise for a town getting a permit to you in Two weeks to yourself. May come back to haunt you when they use this as proof they are doing something right.

A gun purchase should take no longer than 5 minutes!

Regarding this thread, I think you should hold your praise for a town getting a permit to you in Two weeks to yourself. May come back to haunt you when they use this as proof they are doing something right.

A gun purchase should take no longer than 5 minutes!

But they are doing something right.  The law states 30 days, and many towns and even the state police violate this on a routine basis.  So, when a town does it in two weeks they are doing it correctly.  Could it be done faster, sure; but by law it can take 30 days.  So, I stand by my praise for them doing it in less than half the mandated maximum.  Would I like it faster, sure, but that still does not mean they are doing a bad job.

Funny, I filed my permit back in mid Nov 2014 and still waiting (East Brunswick).

I started calling twice a week (started back in April) and every time they said the paper works is sitting on the sergeant’s desk.

I have even stopped by a few times and the same was said to me.

Funny, I filed my permit back in mid Nov 2014 and still waiting (East Brunswick).

I started calling twice a week (started back in April) and every time they said the paper works is sitting on the sergeant’s desk.

I have even stopped by a few times and the same was said to me.

You deff need to contact someone. NJ2A, a congressman, someone... That sh*t is inexcusable IMO. 

-_- Lucky.... Going on 46 days for me here in Evesham Twp...

Just dropped off paperwork in Evesham for 2 P2P. Was told it takes about 3 months and don't call us, we'll call you. Evesham was a lot quicker than this a few years ago. Same civilian handling the paperwork. They said his desk is loaded with applications. No wonder it takes 3 months.