Sign in to follow this  
owadj01

Project Appleseed Event at SJSC/Bangers

Just got home from the Appleseed event this week at South Jersey Shooting Club. it was a really fun event, and while I still have a ton of improvement to make still, I learned a lot this weekend and made great improvement. I highly recommend everyone consider attending one of these. It really helps give you a good benchmark of your skill and where you can improve. If you have any questions about the event/what to expect, I'll be glad to share more details on my experince.

It's great you had a good time. I have been wanting to attend one of these for years but I have yet to get off my rump and go. What did you bring? how far did you shoot?

It's great you had a good time. I have been wanting to attend one of these for years but I have yet to get off my rump and go. What did you bring? how far did you shoot?

For this event a 25 meter firing line was used and we use Army Qualification Taragets (AQTs)most of the weekend besides some sighter targeys and the Appleseed "redcoat" targets. Depending on the group, they will set up known distance targets, but out of the 15 shooters in attendance only a few had been before so as a group we weren't ready. The AQT will simulates up to 400m. I shot my AR, everyone else had 22s....so everyone who was there knows exactly who I am (I had a few more bays between myself on the end and everyone else on the second day)

Appleseed is good at teaching the basics of rifle shooting. Their rifleman qualification is no joke. Shooting from standing, kneeling or sitting and then prone positions is challenging.

I couldn't agree more, I scored my AQTS and went from 89 on my first one of the weekend to 150 on my last, so still tons of room for improvement but it is a definite challenge and helps to develop a skill that most anyone who shoots (especially if they don't hunt, like me) will not realize they don't have if they don't force themselves get off the bench. Now I really have something to work towards for the next one. There is one coming up again in October at SJSC and I hope to attend that one as well