FishNHard

What chrono do you guys use ???

Since im going to be reloading I need to get a chrono and was wondering what you guys are using , I was looking at the prochrono digital , seems nice  figure id get your guys opinions.

John

WHY??? --  I was 20 years into reloading before I purchased my 1st chrono -- The paper targets didn't care how fast the bullets traveled

Stay with published loads, watch for pressure signs, accuracy and recoil will tell you the sweet spot

Only reason I bought 1 was for USPSA and to see if I was actually making major

I did end up with the pro chrono digital

Chrony Beta Master, works really well and has a super long cord so you can set up read out on your bench. The drawback is the directions for use are not intuitive and I need to thoroughly read the directions each time I use it. If this ever dies I'll look into an easier to use model, so I wouldn't recommend this just because of the DFU.

The only thing I wish they would change with the prochrono is the read out. Red digital reading on a black screen and slightly larger would be better than black reading on a grey screen as sometimes it can be easy to confuse #'s with any bit of glare, IMO.

What ever you do..don't shoot the chrono!

I've shot my old green chrony at least 3 times. With a rifle. It still works just fine.

PS: that is a strong "Buy!" recommendation from me, obviously. Any chrono that can survive in the trunk of my vehicle for over a decade, got shot multiple times, had batteries leak in it more times then I can count and is still accurate wins in my book.

I know better newer ones can do averages and means and SD and whatever, but I can do math by myself so the day I really destroy mine, I'll get another just like it.

I've shot my old green chrony at least 3 times. With a rifle. It still works just fine.

PS: that is a strong "Buy!" recommendation from me, obviously. Any chrono that can survive in the trunk of my vehicle for over a decade, got shot multiple times, had batteries leak in it more times then I can count and is still accurate wins in my book.

I know better newer ones can do averages and means and SD and whatever, but I can do math by myself so the day I really destroy mine, I'll get another just like it.

First time I used mine... Put a 9mm right through it dead center... was also my last time using that chrono... I paid for a rookie mistake.

Magnetospeed

Next time i shoot mine im getting ones of these...

Chrony Beta Master, works really well and has a super long cord so you can set up read out on your bench. The drawback is the directions for use are not intuitive and I need to thoroughly read the directions each time I use it. If this ever dies I'll look into an easier to use model, so I wouldn't recommend this just because of the DFU.

I agree with your assessment 100%. Every time I use mine I have to re-learn navigating the different functions. I scanned the manual to a pdf and loaded it on my phone just in case I misplace the original paper one. The long cord to read it at the bench is great and it continues to work reliably, but if this one dies, I'm going to look elsewhere.