mipafox

Annual 2nd Amendment Rally and Political Event in Harrisburg

Festivities start at 1000.

http://www.2arally.com/

In case anybody wants to work with pros (and/or amateurs) to learn how to deal with legislators and staff on firearms issues. Kicks off with a nice rally and we usually take a lunch downtown. OC encouraged but no carry required. Remember, a license from any state allows car carry in PA for non-residents. We have to check our firearms to go inside, but the rally will be outside. They will not check longarms, some of us will be handing ours off to a friend before we go inside (our friend is a PA resident, though).

If anybody is going to be there and wants to coordinate with me to get the lay of the land then send me a PM.

Nobody?

You have to drive past Cabelas to get there and to get home.

And, if you're not careful, you might learn a thing or two. Like these here Jello pops and Fat Albert.

Bass Pro too! If I didn't have 20 people a day calling me for AC service, I would go. No way I can take the day tomorrow. Sucks because I'm usually out that way every other weekend lately, since my Bro-in-law moved to Manchester Twp.

Great! Only a few hundred people, but that happens every few years. Good news it seemed like we had a lot of people inside chasing legislators around.

HarrisburgRally.JPG

Nice Tavor!!!

IWI staff came out and were wearing their IWI shirts. They are made in PA. They were not speakers or anything, just there to attend and work like the rest of us. I guess they got their office together and headed out. Wouldn't be surprised to learn they were given the day off but I don't know that.

Rep. Rick Saccone, R-Allegheny told the crowd it amounted to missionaries for freedom, in opposition to "minions" lurking the Capitol. "They are there, living in darkness," Saccone said. "Shackled by their desire to disarm us. ... We'll never let them win." Larry Pratt, executive director of Gun Owners of America, referred to the May 3 shooting of two would-be terrorists at a conference center in suburban Dallas. "Hey Islam, this is America, not France," Pratt said.

Larry Pratt is a true patriot, and quite an entertainer behind a microphone :) Shaneen Allen was there. Sheriff Mack was signing free copies of his book:

Richard Ivan Mack is the former sheriff of Graham County, Arizona, and a two-time candidate for United States Congress. He is frequently referred to simply as "Sheriff Mack." Sheriff Mack is also the founder of Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association and established the "County Sheriff Project" movement.Mack v. United StatesDuring his tenure as sheriff, Mack received national attention for initiating Mack v. United States (later restyled to Printz v. United States), a lawsuit against the federal government which alleged that portions of the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act violated the United States Constitution, because they comprised a congressional action that compelled state officers to execute Federal law.[2] These portions were interim provisions until a national instant background check system for gun purchasers could be implemented. In a 5–4 decision, the Supreme Court ruled that the provisions of the Brady Act in question were, in fact, unconstitutional.[3]

And of course our legislature has many true heroes and all were in attendance along with my rep and a score of others as usual.

I've been to the annual events since 2009 when I first heard about it. They usually have about 60 or so pro-2A legislators lined up in front with the speakers. There's usually a list of more they acknowledge could not make it due to business, and if you knew the legislator that MCs this you would know they are not BSing him or us.

Very cool.

The problem in this shitty state is that the majority of R legislators may not have the spine to show up at a rally like that.  Like an open carry (unloaded) rally.  Half of them would panic at the sight of a bunch ARs over people's shoulders.  But.. doesn't mean we can work on it.