Potts

NJ Resident Getting a Concealed Carry Permit in PA

Pa had 990,000 end of 2013 (not sure why I rounded it). My calcs are 1,064,360 for 2014 for a carry rate of 12.9%.

Florida has TONS of non-resident permits issued, but it seems like they probably do have as many or slightly more than PA for their residents (Damn!). They do have a much larger population, though.

The instructor(Jason) said everything went well yesterday. "Junior" flew down to TX and got back to his flight in plenty of time. He is now a proud Texas CCW holder. Hopefully he will give an update.

Jason is 2 for 2 getting it done same day... Start booking those flights....

The instructor(Jason) said everything went well yesterday. "Junior" flew down to TX and got back to his flight in plenty of time. He is now a proud Texas CCW holder. Hopefully he will give an update.Jason is 2 for 2 getting it done same day... Start booking those flights....

So you get approved and permit in hand same day? Seems more tempting now.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The instructor(Jason) said everything went well yesterday. "Junior" flew down to TX and got back to his flight in plenty of time. He is now a proud Texas CCW holder. Hopefully he will give an update.Jason is 2 for 2 getting it done same day... Start booking those flights....

Yeah sorry, I've been busy as hell since I've been back from vacation. Trying to catch up on work...

But yea! Thanks for the referral! I actually flew into Phoenix on the 5th to visit my Father. On the return trip I "arranged" to have a 6 hour layover in Houston.

Jason Picked me up from the airport, took me to get finger printed, then to the range for my proficiency demonstration, then had classroom training and lunch at Pappas BBQ, then had me back to the airport with an hour to spare for my wife and I to throw down a few shots before the 4 hour flight home!

I can honestly say his training class was the best CCW/ Defensive training class I've been to. Super informative and he delivers the material really really well.

All I needed to do when I got home was upload the 2 Forms (CHL-100 and CHL-6) along with a copy of my license and a passport photo to the Texas CHL website. This was yesterday (6/15) so I'll keep you guys updated when I actually receive it.

Sounds like a whirlwind layover. Shame you couldn't have stayed for a while but it is cool you didn't need to make an entirely dedicated trip to get it done.

Props to Jason, he sounds great. It sounds like he's not doing it for the money except to cover time and expenses with that sort of service.

then had classroom training and lunch at Pappas BBQ,

Pappas BBQ is worth the trip...the entire Pappas family of restaurants is great. They have BBQ, Seafood and Tex-Mex places throughout Houston.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

Yeah, well everybody in Jersey is pretty much F'd. And based on the history, there's almost no chance this is a coincidence.

With Kane tied up I hope we get a true conservative as the next AG in 2016/2017 and reverses this BS law. I prefer DE, NJ, MD residents coming over with their FL CCW. The more LEGAL concealed carriers the better.

BTW, is NH a viable option?

http://www.usacarry.com/new_hampshire_concealed_carry_permit_information.html

The instructor I used is Jason Page, for $100 he will pick u up at the airport, take you for prints at TX authorized location, teach class, take to range for live fire and drop off back at airport in under 12 hours. Great for an extended Layover. He also has a steer ranch outside Houstin for an extended stay with open space to shoot all day ? Great for a weekend group trip. Bring the whole arsenal down or use his...he has lots of toys.. Not to mention you get a designated driver for a Saturday night excursion to the local watering hole? I think he said $200 would cover lodging transport and class ( 3-4 guy minimum) but check with him..."Junior" is flying down Monday for the same day in and out package. Hopefully he will report back his experience was as positive as mine.As for doing this on a Sunday it all depends if the finger print facility is open. That is the key with doing this... You need to reserve a finger print time at the location nearest the airport (Kennedy Street?) about 1 hour after you plane lands for this to all work out. The rest Jason will ensure to get done in time to get you back to make you flight..

Got my Texas CHL in the mail yesterday. Total was 16 business days from the time I submitted the paperwork.

Thanks again for the referral! Jason couldn't have made it any easier.

From Big Thunder Firearms.

"While I personally won't open carry, the new "Open Carry" Law goes into effect Jan 01, 2016. What this means is that anyone WITH a CHL will have the choice to conceal or carry openly. Anyone with a CHL will be "grandfathered in" and will not have to undergo additional training. A new CHL applicants will have to go through additional "handgun retention"training, probably another 30 minutes added to the class."

Just an update for you guys thinking about getting your Texas CHL to carry in PA

This is from Utah.gov They have PA back on the list..... unless it was never removed. I was informed by someone today the changes were reversed. Any truth to this?

Reciprocity with Other States

In accordance with U.C.A. 76-10-523, Utah will honor a permit to carry a concealed firearm issued by another state or county.

Of the states below that have formalized reciprocity or recognition with Utah, there are some states that will only accept the Utah concealed firearm permit so long as the permit holder is a resident of Utah.

It is the responsibility of all Utah concealed firearm permit holders to know and understand the applicable firearm laws of the states within which they plan to visit or venture. For information regarding firearm laws of other states, please contact the respective authority within that state.

Although there are many states that will recognize the Utah concealed firearm permit, the State of Utah has formal reciprocity (written agreement) with the following states (Click on the name of the state for further information):

The following states recognize the Utah concealed firearm permit. (Click on the name of the state for further information):

http://bci.utah.gov/concealed-firearm/reciprocity-with-other-states/

This is from Utah.gov They have PA back on the list..... unless it was never removed. I was informed by someone today the changes were reversed. Any truth to this?

Reciprocity with Other States

In accordance with U.C.A. 76-10-523, Utah will honor a permit to carry a concealed firearm issued by another state or county.

Of the states below that have formalized reciprocity or recognition with Utah, there are some states that will only accept the Utah concealed firearm permit so long as the permit holder is a resident of Utah.

It is the responsibility of all Utah concealed firearm permit holders to know and understand the applicable firearm laws of the states within which they plan to visit or venture. For information regarding firearm laws of other states, please contact the respective authority within that state.

Although there are many states that will recognize the Utah concealed firearm permit, the State of Utah has formal reciprocity (written agreement) with the following states (Click on the name of the state for further information):

The following states recognize the Utah concealed firearm permit. (Click on the name of the state for further information):

http://bci.utah.gov/concealed-firearm/reciprocity-with-other-states/

Kane suspension kicks in 30 days.  So while she cannot/will not sign legal docs she still runs the office.  If she refuses to step down, the general assembly could impeach her but that would take a long time, or the Senate can remove her by a two thirds vote.  All uncharted territory.  So we will see what happens.  In the mean time don't go thinking any state agreement presently in force will change.  Nothing changes for PA residents and they are not really concerned about us.

Yes, with a ccw permit that PA honored. I make it simple, I stay out of Philthy. Other than cheese steaks from Pats or Gino's, a pouring of Pliny the Elder from Monk's tavern what else is actually in that city worth going there for?

There's also "DiNic's" in the Reading Terminal Market...  :D 

I spoke with IndentoGO again and asked to see if there are any available appointments when I'm in Houston. The representative asked why I wanted to do anything in Texas if I'm from New Jersey. She was completely unhelpful and insisted - unlike the representative this morning - that I had to pay the $140 to Texas DPS before she could look up availability.

She refused to help even after I explained that the representative this morning was able to tell me that information. I have a feeling that she was from a NJ, NY, or CA call center.