Sign in to follow this  
son of sam

SJ shops with Lugers

Im looking to buy a Luger. Anyone seen any at any of the S NJ shops in recent? Also would be interested in any private sales. As popular as they are its not easy to find collectable handguns in a NJ shop. I can find them on Gunbroker and other auction sights, but I prefer to buy what I can see and hold. Looking for a WWII era numbers matching shooter, not a museum piece. Think $1500-$2000 depending on what it is and condition. Budget is negotiable. 

Your probably not going to have much luck finding a reasonable priced nice condition Luger at a NJ shop. I have gotten lucky a few times but the problem I encounter the most is that they are consignment guns and the seller wants $500 or more than what it is worth. I would recommend contacting Legacy Collectibles in PA.They sell lots of Lugers and usually have a few in your price range. They are good to deal with and you can haggle on the price sometimes.

Your probably not going to have much luck finding a reasonable priced nice condition Luger at a NJ shop. I have gotten lucky a few times but the problem I encounter the most is that they are consignment guns and the seller wants $500 or more than what it is worth. I would recommend contacting Legacy Collectibles in PA.They sell lots of Lugers and usually have a few in your price range. They are good to deal with and you can haggle on the price sometimes.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will check them out now. I still have 90 days on my permit to find one. But, I dont want to procrastinate either. It would be terrible to find the perfect gun after the permit is used or expired. Then have to wait another eternity to get new handgun permit.