Sign in to follow this  
sage613

Gun Broker, etc

Do plenty of research on what you want to buy, set a price you would like to pay and do not go over it( don't get involved in bidding wars). Also, it is safer to buy from long established sellers that have good feedback, although you may get a better deal from a newer seller. Find a good ffl to accept/transfer any firearms you purchase. Oh, one more thing, look for listings with plenty of photos and a good description, but don't fall for any bullshit in listing descriptions.

dont forget to add on to the overall price the shipping, ffl fee and of course the nics fee which youpay anyway. can also try the price request here on the forum, maybe a local dealer can be competitive for you and keep the money here.

Also be aware most listed prices are for cash, check or money order purchases. I always use a credit card so have some protection but final cost will be 3% or more depending on what merchant wants to charge. I've bought two guns from there and it was fine.

Bought over 20 rifles, shotguns and a few pistols from sellers on Gun Broker and never had a problem. Also a decent amount of parts which I couldn't from gun parts corp.

Auctions end time reset for 10 or 15 minutes after a bid is placed within the hour.

Some sellers do charge CC fees, like the poster above I also use credit cards exclusively since it offers a bit of protection and while most sellers charge 3% you will find others charging 4%, 5% and the highest I've seen is 7%! be careful and ask before bidding if they do not mention fees in the auction.

I avoid sellers who only take money orders/cashier checks and have low feedback, too easy for someone to list a non-existent gun and take M.O's or Cashier Checks and never send anything.

I also sell on Gun Broker, mostly books and non-regulated parts but occasionally rifles/shotguns/pistols to fund something new. This is where things get iffy, I've had good buyers, not so good buyers...if you take CC's you have to deal with fraudulent charge backs...PayPal is a viable option but the buyer needs to know how to keep it discreet or you risk having the funds frozen.

To sum it up, it's a great site but I also recommend this site: GunsInternational.com , it's not an auction website and is a classified site for firearms, I've gotten some killer deals off that site.

I have bought a pistol and 2 rifles as well as some ammo from gunbroker. Twice I got rock bottom pricing and the poor condition of the firearms reflected it. 1 rifle I purchased was well above expected condition and below FMV. I also bought some vintage 45 ammo at about 25% of the going cost. In my experience its like any other auction site. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes its fair. Most of the more reputable sellers will list a phone number and it doesnt hurt to contact them with questions. As with all auction sites dont buy from those with negative feedback.

I'm looking at buying a rifle off Gunbroker from an FFL in NJ.  Am I correct that all I would need to do is sign the COE form (i.e. no NCIS check)?

Thanks.

No,

You need to fill out ATF Form 4473, the NJ COE and pass NICS if it's an FFL that is selling it.

If it's a private person just bring your firearms card and fill out / sign two COE's, one stays with the seller and one with the buyer.

No NICS required if it's a private person (Non-FFL)

No,

You need to fill out ATF Form 4473, the NJ COE and pass NICS if it's an FFL that is selling it.

If it's a private person just bring your firearms card and fill out / sign two COE's, one stays with the seller and one with the buyer.

No NICS required if it's a private person (Non-FFL)

Thanks for the prompt reply.  GB says the seller is an FFL so that's ok.  I'm not worried about the extra hassle.  It's good to know & be prepared for it.

Thanks again.

A S&W M&P 15-22 (NJ compliant).  One of my best friends has one of these and he keeps telling me how fun it is to shoot.  I've actually never shot his, but trust him on that.

pix910745780.jpg

Nice rifle! :)

The S&W AR's are great rifles for the money IMO. have fun with it