lhrocker

Inexpensive 22 bolt

I own an XT-22 and own the big brother of the Mark II, a 93R17TR.

XT22 probably has more rounds through it than any of my other guns, probably 8k+ at this point.  It is still reasonably accurate using crappy bulk ammo.  I haven't been able to get match ammo for it, so I can't comment what it's truly capable of, but I've done 2.5-3.5" groups at 100 yards using Golden Bullets.  Trigger is nowhere near as nice as the 93R17 (which costs more than twice as much), but I'm happy with the XT22 for a sub-$200 gun.  I've thrown an inexpensive bipod and a Nikon Prostaff 4-12x40 scope on there.  I always enjoy shooting my XT22, and I have not had any issues with it.  I'll put it this way - virtually every range session, my XT22 comes out to play.

As for the 93R17 - trigger is great.  If the Mark IIs are the same triggers, I'd be very pleased with them.  Accuracy (from a .17HMR) is sub 1.5" at 100 yards from an average (at best) shooter.  I have not had any major problems (one of the screws did get loose and had to be tightened).  I plan to get another 93R and/or Mark II in the future. 

I'd think you couldn't go wrong with either option.

My first .22 is CZ455 and I am quite happy with it. But now I know that Ruger American Rimfire was a better practical choice for a first rifle because of its modular stock.
I find that I need to adjust stock on CZ and it means that rifle keeps getting more and more expensive (with zero resale value on add-ons). Also I do not know how much adjustment I need, so I have to experiment (more money). Most likely there would be no such additional expenses with Ruger.