Sign in to follow this  
Polak

OGAM question (private sales)

Yup.  Seller still has to send in the copies to Issuing Department and NJSP all filled in with date and such, so that kinda puts the buyer on the hook for adhering to the law!  Dates on the P2Ps are the key!  And the postmark on the envelope is within 5 days of the sale date on the P2P!

A lot of people seem to think that OGAM does not apply to private sales of used hand guns. Just an observation I've made.

I've noticed that too........I guess they don't think anyone in the Data Reduction Unit is looking at the dates on the permits, well they certainly do.

A lot of people seem to think that OGAM does not apply to private sales of used hand guns. Just an observation I've made.

Then I think that most people that think that way^^^^ are truly STUPID and probably shouldn't be allowed to buy hand guns in the first place!  OGAM Exemption was designed for basically (3) things:

1.  So that a Cop could buy & carry what his Department changed to (suggested) for off-duty gun w/o running afoul of the law.

2.  So a true Collector could purchase several USED hand guns from an Estate w/o having to go through a FFL or WAITING 30 days for each and every gun in a vast collection.

3.  So a Competitive Shooter could purchase equipment as needed for repair/replacement/back-up or advancement in the Sport. 

I really don't see why folks are just so stupid when it comes to OGAM or any other NJ Gun Law.  And I crack-up when folks who aren't dry behind the ears yet keep answering questions as "Experts".  Sometimes I think there ought to be a QUIZ or TEST to take before some here starting giving-out wrong info..........

I really don't see why folks are just so stupid when it comes to OGAM or any other NJ Gun Law.  And I crack-up when folks who aren't dry behind the ears yet keep answering questions as "Experts".  Sometimes I think there ought to be a QUIZ or TEST to take before some here starting giving-out wrong info..........

- HPs are illegal

- 10 is the max mag capacity

- You need a FPID to own firearms

- All guns are registered

- Switchblades and slingshots are illegal

- You can only take your gun to the range or gun shop

- NJDL must match FPID

- Ammo can't be shipped to residence

- You can't buy a BB pistol in another state

- Storage of your guns must be at your own house

- You must retreat within your home if confronted