Sign in to follow this  
Ace08066

Any south jersey outdoor ranges allow reactive targets?

Hey fellers.  The only SJ range I've experienced so far is Range-14 and I had a blast there.  Seems extremely well-run, I like how you can put a target anywhere on the field, and I probably spent more on sodas than I did on ammo...  I thought shooting at paper was fun.  Nothing quite as satisfying as blowing sh*t up...

But I was a *little* dissapointed...  See I previously purchased myself 20 cans of something a little more ... explosive ... than soda, and ofc I asked the guy at R-14 if I could use them before I did and he said no.  

So right now I'm debating over joining SJSC or USANA, but neither of their websites mention allowing/disallowing reactive targets.  I can already tell I'm going to be more into shooting at other-than-paper targets...  So I'm pretty much searching for the most liberal range/club to join as far as *what* I can violently disassemble.  Maybe a range that will let me set up my slow motion camera and catch some cool shots of things going boom?  

SJSC's site says "Plinking on 50 yard range only", so I'm guessing simply because they limit it to 50 yards they're probably not going to allow reactives...  Which is disappointing because I had really wanted to join there.  Almost hoping a current member will say that's a misprint?

Maybe even one in East PA / North DE? 

I belong to 2 South Jersey ranges, and I have friends at most of the others I know of.

I know insurance is a big deal at these ranges and to keep that insurance reasonable, I would be surprised to see any club put in writing that reactive targets are allowed - I know for my one club, our rules and procedures are looked at for our insurance rates.

If you want some fun, and looking for more than paper targets, check out some of the active shoots

IDPA, 3-gun, etc.

I know of no SJ range that allows reactive exploding targets.

SJSC is a very nice/well maintained/range and well worth the yearly fee. Sadly, no exploding targets.

Bets bet would be to find a pit or private land and get the owners permission...might stand a small chance of finding someone willing to allow it but worth a shot