Jim Norman

3-Gun @ Old Bridge June 28thRe

Registration for the June 28th 4-Gun Match at Old Bridge is now open. Log in to SteelScoring.com to register. The match is listed under OBCATS USPSA. Select from the proper divisions: Tac-Optic, Tac-Iron, Pump-Optic, Pump-Iron and Open. Scoring is time plus. We are planning on six stages.

The devisions are roughly described as follow:

Tac-Optics:  Rifle can have ONE magnified optic (backup irons are fine), no bipods allowed, comps smaller then 1" diameter and 3" length. Semi-automatic shotgun, no optics no compensator or porting, no removable magazines (no Saiga's), no shotgun speed loaders. Handgun anything goes that isn't an "open" gun by USPSA rules, so basically no optics or comps.

Tac-Iron: Handgun and Shotgun just like Tac-Optics. Rifle may have a ONE NONE-magnified optic or iron sights (so red dots ok) otherwise same as Tac-Optics.

Pump-Optics: Same as Tac-Optics except shotgun is a pump, not semiauto.

Pump-Iron: Same as Tac-Iron  except shotgun is a pump, not semiauto.

Open: Anything goes, multiple optics on rifle, optics on shotguns, optics on handguns, go wild. 

In all divisions the capacity limits are the NJ LEGAL LIMITS, ie 15rd in semi-auto rifles and handguns, 6rd in semi-auto shotguns. I have no idea if there will be a capacity limit on pump guns, but usually stages prescribe a max number so shots to start that is 6 or less so that may not matter.   Jim will have to confirm if red dots go in Tac-Optics or Tac-Iron. The current trend is to have red-dots bundle with iron sights so that would be my guess. 

Thank you Adam for making the corrections. Thank you all the rest for your interest.

Vlad has pretty well spelled out the way the divisions are set up. Red Dots, NON-magnified are in Iron Divisions. Scoring is time Plus Penalties and converted over to points, usually 100 per stage although sometimes we'll do 100pts. for one gun, 125 for 2 and 150 for 3.

Prizes are paid out according to our modified Lewis System.

We are as always looking for stage ideas and stage builders.

If anyone would like to work and not shoot the match let me know. we could use a couple dedicated staff to monitor stages and make sure they keep moving.

I've been shooting USPSA and now IDPA at RTSP and just signed up for this 3-Gun match.

Always wanted to try 3-Gun after watching far too much 3 Gun Nation :)

Used to do some running and gunning with a straight pull AR in the UK and really looking forward to this match.

Registered! This is gonna be fun - I remember (last year?)we had a two-gun plus a shotgun stage at the end.

Anyone know how much ammo to bring for each (and what kind of shotgun shells?) 

Over a month in advance we have no idea on round count. Assume 150 of each rifle, pistol, shot, and assume 10 or so slugs and 10 or so buck. Probably less then that, but you can always bring the ammo back home, I usually bring twice as much ammo as I need, so double the number above for my taste.

Just to clarify: no porting for either pump or semi shorties (so a mossberg 500 SPX which comes factory ported is out?)

http://snakeriverarms.com/wp-content/themes/shopperpress/thumbs/pro_10247_2_5.jpg

Well you CAN have a ported barrel, you are just shooting in Open division. Don't be so concerned about that because odds are that most new people will have the exact same amount of fun in any division. The other options is to reach out to Jim directly and see if he'll make an exception. Personally I don't think porting a pump gun makes any real difference.

We are looking at adding a division. Pistol Caliber Carbines. If you don't have a .223 carbine, but you do have a 9MM, .40 or other centerfire pistol caliber carbine, you can use it in this match. You'll be scored in your own division.

Come out and play.

This is my first 3-Gun event and wonder what gear is needed apart from rifle, shotgun,pistol with holster and mag pouches. Do we need shotgun shell holder and rifle mag pouches too? If so I need to order quick :-)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

This is my first 3-Gun event and wonder what gear is needed apart from rifle, shotgun,pistol with holster and mag pouches. Do we need shotgun shell holder and rifle mag pouches too? If so I need to order quick :-)

Yes, you'll need rifle pouches and shotgun shell holders... or something with a big pocket to hold 'em all.

If you need some, I have loaners available if you're heading down to OB on Sunday.  Linden is on your way to OB it looks like.

Yes, you'll need rifle pouches and shotgun shell holders... or something with a big pocket to hold 'em all.

If you need some, I have loaners available if you're heading down to OB on Sunday. Linden is on your way to OB it looks like.

Thanks for the offer of loaners. I'll see what I can get on Amazon Prime and will have cargo shorts on if stuff just needs to go in my pockets. I see from your account details you have a Mossberg 930 JM and so do I :D Sure am looking forward to testing it out on 3-Gun.

Thanks for the offer of loaners. I'll see what I can get on Amazon Prime and will have cargo shorts on if stuff just needs to go in my pockets. I see from your account details you have a Mossberg 930 JM and so do I :D Sure am looking forward to testing it out on 3-Gun.

I know - I want to run mine too but I have family in town... sigh.