Dr.Jimmy Rustler

Glock .22 conversion slide

I'm looking into getting a .22 conversion slide for my Gen 4 G19. I've seen multiple different brands out but I've had a hard time finding the better rated ones in stock. What do you guys have and suggest?

(conversion will be for my gf, can't get her to shoot any of my 9mms and i dont wanna burn another permit buying a dedicated .22. Renting the mosquito each time we go to the range is getting pricey)

was considering this Advantage Arms .22 

http://www.glockstore.com/22-lr-conversion-kit

unless anyone knows of a VP9 conversion. let me know guys. thanks

As far as I'm concerned, the Advantage Arms 22lr conversion kits for the Glock are as good as you can get. I have 1 for the 19, and 1 for the 17, both gen 4. They run great. I mostly use the cheap remington golden bullet without issues. They will run with any 36gr HV plated 22lr. Stay away from lead nose. And of course the high end CCI stuff works great too.

Got the AA kit also for the G21. Runs great. Loves the Federal bulk 36gr copper tops. It maybe harder to find than 22LR.

Lenny Magill's?  Slowly I turn step by step....................  (don't like his business practices).

PK Firearms has it in stock for $293 shipped.

Well yes and no.  It is a conversion slide, it is not a separate gun.  When I bought my Kimber .45 it came with a .22 conversion kit.  It works fine, I just the balance kind of strange to be shooting .22LR out of a heavy metal frame.  There are pluses and minuses to these conversion kits, that is my only point.  To each their own.

The conversion is a real .22 cal pistol. I can use the same holsters and mag pouches and have the same grip, trigger, etc... as a service/duty/carry gun.

Also, the conversion slide is striker fired, has exactly the same manual of arms and trigger pull. Unlike say a S&W M&P where the regular pistol is striker fired and the 22lr model is hammer fired.

For that much money why not just get a real .22 cal pistol?  Yea I know you need a permit, but big deal.

I think the answer is obvious.

The ability to train with a pistol of the same weight (real close), same ergonomics, and exactly the same trigger.

The sights can even be made identical.

I have a AA upper for a G34.  I find they must be very clean and AA recommends they be run wet which requires more cleaning...LOL

I think the answer is obvious.

The ability to train with a pistol of the same weight (real close), same ergonomics, and exactly the same trigger.

The sights can even be made identical.

I have a AA upper for a G34.  I find they must be very clean and AA recommends they be run wet which requires more cleaning...LOL

Don't think it so obvious as recoil and muzzle flip are totally different.  You may actually develop bad habits which will become evident once you load the gun with "real" ammo.  There are two schools of thought on this.

Don't think it so obvious as recoil and muzzle flip are totally different.  You may actually develop bad habits which will become evident once you load the gun with "real" ammo.  There are two schools of thought on this.

Your opinion is respected. But I think you are absolutely wrong.

If your trend of though was carried out, dry fire practice is also useless also.

Your opinion is respected. But I think you are absolutely wrong.

If your trend of though was carried out, dry fire practice is also useless also.

Dry fire is very useful, but only for certain things.  I think you are better off shooting in practice what you shoot in "real life".

At the current price of 9mm compared to .22 I'm going to be blasting through 9mm instead of .22 at the range. Unfortunatelymy gf who is 4'10 and not even 100lbs is too intimidated by my g19 and constantly limp wrists it.I'm expecting to have to clean the 22 slide after every range trip.

At the current price of 9mm compared to .22 I'm going to be blasting through 9mm instead of .22 at the range. Unfortunatelymy gf who is 4'10 and not even 100lbs is too intimidated by my g19 and constantly limp wrists it.I'm expecting to have to clean the 22 slide after every range trip.

You should have her talk with Sandy who is about the same height and just about only shoots .45 cal, maybe she would have some pointers for your GF.

My wife is a border anti.  She's against me having any sort of firearms although it is ok for everyone else to have one.  She thinks they are just scary.

I did manage to convince here to come with me to the range once.  She did fire a bunch of things but she liked the Glock 22 with the AA conversion best as it's the least scary.  She fired my 45 last and called it quits.  I cannot even get her to go back even though I promised to only let her fire 22lr out of the conversion kit.

I'd say let your gf get comfortable with the 22lr and slowly build up.  The conversion kit is a great way to get her to be more comfortable.

Show her this picture of my 12 year old, 80lb nephew, handling my G19 like a boss! Then tell her to man up! :lol:

c4a8774067b7d8995fd1eb1af7da6515.jpg

I think GSG also makes a conversion .22 for the Glock. I have a Walther P22, Mrs. Deerslayer digs it. brand new was about $350. It's more suited for a lady's hand imo. That double stack G19 grip sucks for a dainty hand.

My wife is a border anti.  She's against me having any sort of firearms although it is ok for everyone else to have one.  She thinks they are just scary.

I did manage to convince here to come with me to the range once.  She did fire a bunch of things but she liked the Glock 22 with the AA conversion best as it's the least scary.  She fired my 45 last and called it quits.  I cannot even get her to go back even though I promised to only let her fire 22lr out of the conversion kit.

I'd say let your gf get comfortable with the 22lr and slowly build up.  The conversion kit is a great way to get her to be more comfortable.

Does my wife secretly have another family?  That sounds like the exact same reaction from my wife.  When I first told her I wanted to get a gun she said fine, but you will also be getting a divorce.  She slowly accepted them, and reluctantly even went to the range one father's day will me.  She fired about a dozen rounds from the .22 conversion on my Kimber.  Then she fired two shots from a 9mm and said enough, she would wait outside.  She even went with me one day when I shot at Shongum (outside) but would not even touch one of the guns, she just read a book.

Does my wife secretly have another family?  That sounds like the exact same reaction from my wife.  When I first told her I wanted to get a gun she said fine, but you will also be getting a divorce.  She slowly accepted them, and reluctantly even went to the range one father's day will me.  She fired about a dozen rounds from the .22 conversion on my Kimber.  Then she fired two shots from a 9mm and said enough, she would wait outside.  She even went with me one day when I shot at Shongum (outside) but would not even touch one of the guns, she just read a book.

You just moved her to the 9mm too quickly.  Guess you just didn't want her to shoot as, she may show you up.