Sign in to follow this  
DeerSlayer

How to get the word out to Sportsmen about the Recall effort

Here's my idea:

We need as many people as possible with "boots on the ground" for the recall effort. Sportsmen need to also be involved in this effort because we need all the help we can get. The New Jersey State Federation of Sportsmen’s clubs has 20 county chapters, that hold monthly meetings in their respective counties. The only county without a chapter is Hudson.

At these monthly meetings representatives from all the state's big hunting clubs attend, and bring the information they collect back to their club's to share with their members. That's an awfully large audience that we can inform about the recall, and how important it is to attend. Sweeney broke his promise that he made to sportsmen, immediately after being re-elected. He swore to sportsmen that under his leadership there would be no more new anti gun legislation brought to the floor, if he were to win. Sportsmen in particular have an "axe to grind" with this guy. I'm sure we can definitely recruit some help from this group of sportsmen & Sportswomen.

I'm an officer in the Sussex County chapter, and I sit on the northern region board of directors for the State Federation. So have that meeting covered in Sussex. I'm also willing to personally attend the Morris, & Warren county chapters June meetings. What we need is guys from the other 17 chapters counties, to attend the 1 hour long meeting. Making these guys aware of the recall Rally on the 27th of June, how important it is to volunteer. They need to know where to sign up, the area that the rally is going to be, & what's involved in volunteering. It's about 5 minutes of addressing a room of fellow gun owners, making them aware of what's going on. Possibly handing out some literature. (I'm willing to print some to take with me on my home printer, if there is anything?)

I'm waiting to hear from Alexander Roubian about what he thinks of this idea, and if he's ok with us seeing this through.

Below I'm posting a link to the federation county chapters meeting times and locations. If you're able to make/participate in any of these meetings close to your home, please reply to this thread below. That way we all know what counties we have covered. Before the Rally takes place.

County chapters link:

http://www.njsfsc.org/counties/

I do know thru discussions in groups on FB that certain clubs won't get involved or endorse it, in fear of retaliation. Some people have brought it up at some clubs and got shut down. Not sure which clubs but was a handful

I do know thru discussions in groups on FB that certain clubs won't get involved or endorse it, in fear of retaliation. Some people have brought it up at some clubs and got shut down. Not sure which clubs but was a handful

I'm not sure either, I don't do FB. There's a ton of hunting clubs in the state. There's also a bunch of individual members that attend each county meeting. The Federation isn't a political organization. We wouldn't be asking them to attend representing the Federation or their club. Just as John q Public, voting citizen of NJ.

Don't forget about state workers, Sweeny screwed them over as well when he signed on to christies pension scam.    Maybe you can contact the various unions, CWA, IFPTE, PBA, FOP, Teachers unions and so on.    

Don't forget about state workers, Sweeny screwed them over as well when he signed on to christies pension scam.    Maybe you can contact the various unions, CWA, IFPTE, PBA, FOP, Teachers unions and so on.    

they all think it was only christy on that though.

I took a look at Monmouth County.  They meet the 4th Weds, which is the 24th this month.  As far as speakers go, the say they want 30 days notice. They also mention they don't donate to or endorse political candidates. I get the feeling they might be very apolitical.  Probably worth it to email the secretary and ask about it.  I can do that.

Their next meeting is 3 days before the recall event in South Jersey.  There won't be much time to filter down the word to the member clubs in this county.

I took a look at Monmouth County. They meet the 4th Weds, which is the 24th this month. As far as speakers go, the say they want 30 days notice. They also mention they don't donate to or endorse political candidates. I get the feeling they might be very apolitical. Probably worth it to email the secretary and ask about it. I can do that.

Their next meeting is 3 days before the recall event in South Jersey. There won't be much time to filter down the word to the member clubs in this county.

Send them an email. Again not looking for any endorsement from them. I'm aware that the federation dosent endorse or donate to political causes. (We use the NJOA for that) I'm an officer in a county chapter myself. We do however have political figures occasionally visit our meetings to deliver a message on different things going on in the state. Just making the attendees aware of the recall taking place. What they do with that information beyond the meeting is up to them. Some may be receptive, some may not be. This idea is to inform sportsmen, and let them know their support as individuals is welcomed. That's it. If the secretary gives you a hard time I will personally contact them on our behalf if need be. But pretty much every meeting is full of friendly people also very pro 2A. Anyone is welcome to sit in on a meeting they're open to all.

Ok. I'll email the secretary and let him know that information about the recall is also being shared at other chapters' meetings.

Btw: what information do you want shared? I haven't seen any material other than the pages of the website. I could print something with the site address and basic info about the recall and the event on the 27th. ...NVRMND... Re read post #1. Got it....

EDIT: email sent to Lloyd Davis. Let him know what it was about, that I wanted to speak briefly about the recall effort and if they allowed it, leave some info behind with anyone interested. Mentioned that an officer from a north jersey chapter asked for help contacting other chapters, which is how I got involved. If he wants to know who that was I'll pm you. Gave him my name and contact info so it wasn't some anonymous email.

Went to the Morris county federation meeting tonight, it was a ghost town. put in a call to their president, left a message. Don't know if their meeting was canceled tonight or not. Nobody was there stuck around the parking lot till 8:15

Anthony Mauro has a Pied Piper hold on sportsmen and sportswomen in New Jersey through his New Jersey Outdoor Alliance group. Maybe someone can convince him to get off his hands and knees licking Sweeney's boots and come to his senses?

Anthony Mauro has a Pied Piper hold on sportsmen and sportswomen in New Jersey through his New Jersey Outdoor Alliance group. Maybe someone can convince him to get off his hands and knees licking Sweeney's boots and come to his senses?

Good luck with that. I've personally gotten into it with him over the subject. He actually accused me of "not being capable of critical thinking". This was when he emailed me to let me know that I should write letters to Sweeney, and tell him that we apposed the 10 magazine bill. I fired back at him with "well maybe the NJOA shouldn't have endorsed this guy in the first place". (Anthony M.) is a clown, and I no longer support the NJOA on a personal level. The president of the Federation of Sportsmen’s clubs also sits on the board of the NJOA. The way it was explained to me by other state federation members was, we keep our relationship with the NJOA for the use of their legal team when we need it to fight the antis in Trenton. And I can't wait until this recall effort is successful, Anthony M. will be the first person I email back to say "I told you so".

I don't know one person in the federation that actually gave their vote to Sweeney or Norcross . My county chapter in Sussex was pretty upset when we heard the NJOA was endorsing that dynamic duo. The members were calling to completely cut ties with the NJOA over this. But we're not a political group so it was let go...

Hahh, if you hear banjo music coming from the pines RUN! :lol:

Hmmm....   Woodchuck are in season for bow, rifle and shotgun... Thinking going "Burt Reynolds" style and bringing my compound bow along ...... who ever makes a pig sounds get an arrow through the eye socket....

Hmmm.... Woodchuck are in season for bow, rifle and shotgun... Thinking going "Burt Reynolds" style and bringing my compound bow along ...... who ever makes a pig sounds get an arrow through the eye socket....

Good plan... I heard you have a pretty mouth :lol:

The Monmouth chapter of the NJSFSC says they are the birth place of the NJOA.  Maybe someone at that meeting could help. I'll ask.

But with this... I don't see it happening.  From his statement about the endorsement of all of the D's in District 3.

While some hunters may have disagreed with recent F.I.D. related gun legislation (which was vetoed by Governor Christie) it is noteworthy that the NRA has given Senator Sweeney its highest rating in past years, and he has long been considered a supporter of the Second Amendment. He also filtered the Assembly’s 23 gun bills to help ensure a more effective outcome.

Importantly, given demographic trends in New Jersey, should Senator Sweeney be replaced as Senate President there is a high probability that it would be with someone strongly opposed to the Second Amendment and hunting, and perhaps fishing, to a lesser degree. So, in the opinion of NJOA, it is wise to avoid needlessly self-destructive behavior that could impact the Senate President position and as a consequence negatively influence conservation and shooting interests.

In short, the NJOA endorses the Sweeney/Burzichelli/Riley team in the 3rd legislative district for their long history of outdoor friendly laws and legislation, their understanding and support of the principles of conservation, and their efforts to act as educators of legislators and policy-makers to the needs of outdoorsmen and women.

The funny thing is though, this area, with the exception of El Freehold, is primarily conservative. I'm wondering how many of the members actually support Sweeney? If this area is similar to your area, based on what you wrote above about Mauro, maybe they don't align themselves with the NJOA on that particular issue. We'll see. If there are enough Mauro supporters I may get a cold reception. Maybe not though.

I've wondered what deal Anthony Mauro made with Sweeney when he supported Sweeney after he flipped to anti-gun.  Is Director of Fish and Wildlife a position appointed by the Governor?

I've wondered what deal Anthony Mauro made with Sweeney when he supported Sweeney after he flipped to anti-gun.  Is Director of Fish and Wildlife a position appointed by the Governor?

I know where you're going with this. I've though the same myself a few times.

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/councils.htm

I've wondered what deal Anthony Mauro made with Sweeney when he supported Sweeney after he flipped to anti-gun. Is Director of Fish and Wildlife a position appointed by the Governor?

I think the game council approves the director. The Federation of Sportsmen pick a couple of the members of the council. The council answers directly to the governor. The other council members are agriculture reps, and commercial fisherman.

The only county without a chapter is Hudson.

There's no chapter for Rat and Cockroach seasons?

Seriously though, please pass on any information you get about this group. They can really help with my efforts.

There's no chapter for Rat and Cockroach seasons?

Seriously though, please pass on any information you get about this group. They can really help with my efforts.

Will do, your welcome to come to my Sussex County meeting anytime. June is our last meeting until September. No federation meetings July or Aug for any chapters. We meet second Wed of the month in Sparta at the ambulance squad on Sparta ave. 8pm. BTW, Parker Space is a member and shows up on occasion. He's a great guy to pitch your ideas to. Very down to earth intelligent person, and cool. I would have a beer with him kind of guy. Steve Oroho sends a representative from time to time to keep us informed on what's going on with fish and game bills in Trenton as well. But not every meeting.

Yes by all means let's hand our futures back to the unions who with the help of politicians and abetted by voter apathy have bankrupted NJ and many other states.

Let's reach out to those who pad their retirements through overtime during their last year at work, who retire at age 44 with hefty pensions who then get full time jobs, to those who make a full salary for 8-9 months' work and can't be fired, to those job titles for which we're paying the person on the job, the one who retired yesterday, the 65-year-old who retired 20 years ago, and the 85-year-old in that Florida retirement community. One job, four salaries. As American as the 2nd Amendment!

But why stop at guns and unionism? Didn't Sweeney vote against the Preparation H Distribution bill and the Toilet Paper Integrity Act of 2007? There must be tens of thousands of voters in his district with hemorrhoids. If we could just reach them....

This is what we have become?  So many fear Sweeney! This is 2015 and Al Capone is DEAD! Such tyranny cannot be allowed to exist anymore! RETALIATION????? Is this a joke or what??? The only thing that gives Sweeney

the kind of power that people fear him and FEAR HIS RETALIATION are those who blindly keep voting for him!!!! This thread reads like a book about the MAFIA in the 1930s. What are we, Lemmings???

Go to recallsweeney.com and volunteer to end this century old tyranny in our state. Together, we CAN take back New Jersey and return her to the U.S.A where the Constitution and the Bill of Rights still means something!

Oh, and by the way, your life means something as well in the U.S.A. You can defend yourself and your family there without worry of retaliation!

Sign in to follow this