Krdshrk

Gerber Short Stack AR Tool

Neat but I don't keep anything in my grips.  In fact, I pull the bottom plate out because I've had a few rattle before.  I thought the bolt/firing pin grip core was a neat idea until it kept falling out.  I do keep a Series 3 in a pouch or in my range bag though.

I like it... Right now, I keep various allen wrenches for adjustments and stuff. What I do is drill fine holes in the rubber and stick things in them. Works pretty good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Opticsplanet.com says:

Product Discontinued by Manufacturer

Gerber Short Stack AR15 Maintenance Tool has been discontinued by Gerber and is no longer available. Our product experts have helped us select these available replacements below. You can also explore other items in the Multi-Tools category yourself to try and find the perfect replacement for you!

i did a quick search for a cheaper price and all i found was unavailable.

Opticsplanet.com says:

Gerber Short Stack AR15 Maintenance Tool has been discontinued by Gerber and is no longer available. Our product experts have helped us select these available replacements below. You can also explore other items in the Multi-Tools category yourself to try and find the perfect replacement for you!

I don't know how it could be discontinued when it was just announced...

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/06/04/gerber-short-stack-ar-grip-tool/

Maybe some vendor bought the rest of a lot out or?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most likely they're listing it as discontinued because they don't have the stock yet - if they list it now they get first dibs on the google search listings.

Adorama did the same thing - they listed it on their site but set it as not available.  Both sites showed up under web search.

Opticsplanet.com says:

It's a brand new item, it's not discontinued. OP probably just uses that as a placeholder form anything they won't backorder and don't have a current sku for is my guess. 

And it has started arriving places.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/404804/gerber-short-stack-ar-15-multi-tool-black?cm_mmc=pe_weekly-_-availablenow-_-availablenow_gerber_magpul_20150707_1-_-Main_Image

For those who care. It'll have to be way lower than $50 to interest me, but I got the mail this morning and figured I'd pass it along.